Waterprof case for droid.

Alster2005

Reaction score
I keep seeing these cases that are waterproof. Do they work? Can you even use case with the droid? Can you talk on the phone with the case on? I am going to start doing a lot of kayaking and would love to take my droid with me so I can use the gps, and nav maps. Can anyone one recomend one to me... Thanks:icon_eek:

turdbogls

Reaction score
i personally wouldn't trust one. but i have had bad experiences with "waterproof" anything (except my WP cannon camera...awesome)

you may be able to use this waterproof case, and a couple ziplock bags to "waterproof" it. and the ONLY way i would use one is if they would replace the phone if it got water damage (for legal reasons it would never happen)

BPB

Reaction score
i personally wouldn't trust one. but i have had bad experiences with "waterproof" anything (except my WP cannon camera...awesome)

you may be able to use this waterproof case, and a couple ziplock bags to "waterproof" it. and the ONLY way i would use one is if they would replace the phone if it got water damage (for legal reasons it would never happen)

I've had great experiences whitewater rafting with my Droid in an Otterbox case. These things really are water-proof - and I mean even when I fell out of the raft and swam for a bit. Now, as far as actually being able to use your phone through the case, I haven't found anything like that - I'm only referring to their "waterproof Otterbox 1000" model cases that you could put anything in (but happen to fit the Droid nicely). But, if you're like me and can't leave home (or dry land) without it, these do keep it dry underwater. I've even snorkelled with my Droid in one of these with no ill effects.

Last edited:

Uncle700

Reaction score
I use a "Drypak" waterproof bag when I go kayaking. Seems to work alright.

dfs6

Reaction score
The Pelican 1020 Micro Case Series works well. The Droid X will "just" fit. Previously used with BB Storm. I bought mine at a dive shop.

jmdrago

Reaction score
I think the DryPak is your best bet for a waterproof solution - I sell a lot of these and have never had one complaint: Dry Pak Waterproof Pouch for Cell Phones Mobile Devices - it claims right on the package that you can use your phone while it's in the case (talking and hearing). It's half the price of the Aquapac: Waterproof Pouch Case "PDA Size" by Aquapac - 344 - which is also a great waterproof droid case - but since they went "PVC-less" the pouch is kinda "sticky" trying to get slicker objects into it. Especially the iPhone.

Have any questions just shoot me an email.

John Drago
ExtremePDA

hood

Reaction score
The Eco Extreme Rugged and Waterproof Case is what you looking for. Here is a link with more info. Hope this helps.http://amzn.to/h3ddO2

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App