1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

WATERblur'D

Discussion in 'Droid X Themes' started by stewart1champ, Jan 2, 2011.

1. stewart1champ

stewart1champ Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Well, things are not as fun as they once were. Anywho. I am making this for myself, and I won't be taking certain requests to change anything. I will share it, and you all can port it to whatever you choose. This is nowhere near close to finish, at all.

Instruction installation:
    This is a .340 theme, and there is no ROM used. If you have a stock, rooted, deodexed phone, you can run this.

1. First, uninstall all updates to these apps [Go into application manager, uninstall etc.]:
    --youtube
    --gmail
    --vending

~You will be getting the same files back, only in system/app, not data/app. They will be the latest updated versions that I am aware of as of 01/17/11

**WARNING**
    This was created from STOCK [NO ROM]. I don't think it will work with any ROM as it is, I haven't tested. I am not responsible for anything that happens if you test this on your own. If you decide to port, or add icons to whatever, just give a little bit of thanks.

[​IMG]

Included in Version 1.0:
    Settings.apk

[​IMG]

Updated icons for:
    Gmail.apk
    YouTube.apk
    BlurCamera.apk
    Browser.apk
    Music.apk
    Vending.apk
    FileManager.apk

[​IMG]
    Additional Edits:
    framework-res.apk
    blur-res.apk

LAST NOTE ~ Any and all icons subject to change at any time. Nothing on this phone of mine is guaranteed, I prefer a look. I hope you all enjoy it though.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  2. stewart1champ

Reasoning:

OK, I went with the "stock" feel for several reasons....

1. ROMs are updated way too often, and usually you have to redo the entire theme to match it. The perfect ROM cycle in my eyes has been anything done by CyanogenMod. That is a good timetable. I didn't ever see the need in a ROM update every three days, with trivial results.
    2. The ROMs out all remind me way too much of the original DROID. That's cool, I had one. I don't want to get a better phone, the X, and feel like I am back to square one with the ROM.
    3. I value the "look" over speed.
    4. I like BLUR. Makes it feel like a different phone for now. If I get bored with it, I will switch to a ROM....
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  3. clay4prez

clay4prez New Member

I'm in, been a huge fan of your themes! Where do i sign up?
  4. bL33d

bL33d New Member

That looks nice and i agree with ur comments. only rom i have used that made much of a difference was cyanogen and miui the rest are blah imo.
  5. puck3511

puck3511 New Member

STILL waiting for the link for this BEAUTIFUL theme
  6. puck3511

puck3511 New Member

and still waiting ;-)
  7. stewart1champ

OK, this evening I should have the Settings.apk posted. I posted the newly updated image on the front page.

If anyone would like to critique the icons, feel free to. I always like input. And yes, I know I am slow. As posted in first post, I prefer quality over throwing something out there.

Anywho, hope you like, and should have the link up when I get in from work, then it will be on ot the next phase.
  8. maddog0331

maddog0331 Member

dancedroid Thats what I am talking about. I like your style so far and I agree with you over quality. I appreciate every theme out there but sometimes it feels like if the person creating the theme rush it just to get it ready/in time for whatever ROM.....Can't wait for the link...been waiting for this for a while and the Icons are def. some of the best that I have seen in a theme in a while unless you are creating your own...:icon_ banana:. :icon_ banana:Tremendous job in creating this theme for the droid x community :happy2::happy2:
  9. Sailmaker

Sailmaker New Member

Nice Job...would like to try out your theme. Appreciate all the work you've put into creating this theme. dancedroid I don't have a rooted X...hope you'll include instructions for changing the theme.
  10. stewart1champ

Link is up. Please follow directions.
  11. Sailmaker

Sailmaker New Member

I guess I am too much of a dweeb...I don't know what to do the the files I downloaded. Do you have to be rooted to use this?
  12. stewart1champ

Yes, must be rooted.

There are tons of resources in these forums for just that.

First, you need to make sure you phone is at update 340. Then you need to get z4root, and run it. Gotta have bootstrapper also. I use ROM Manager too. Then deodex your phone. I'm not much on explaining the how to, but I am confident that someone here can tell you, or if you look in this forum, it will show you:

Droid X Hacks - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I know that will work well, I read and read and eventually just got the hang of it.... it isn't hard. You aren't a dweeb, or a noob. Everyone has to start SOMEWHERE.
  13. maddog0331

maddog0331 Member

Just installed it. Running smooth, however, I got a request being that I use ADW the icons for the dialer which I believe is the same as the person looking one or the phone on the blur home, is not changing leaving me with two different icons or stock icons from adw. The dialer icon and the text message icon. Other than this small request everything seems and is working fine. Thanks again for such a superb job in creating this theme....dancedroid
  14. stewart1champ

I'm not following...

The person looking? I don't recall changing that, and I know I didn't change any phone icons yet. Can you show me an image? I haven't started back with ADW, so I am unsure what the issue is.
  15. maddog0331

maddog0331 Member

The actuals icons that per say come "stock with ADW", well just two that I care for the dialer icon and the text message icon are not changing after I apply the theme. All the others do but these two are not changing, and thats why I said I think thats the icon that looks like a person on the blur stock home launcher and being that I use ADW in lieu of the stock launcher these two icons are staying the same as the stock ADW icons provided with the launcher. I hope that I explained myself better this time...dancedroid
  16. stewart1champ

Well, I haven't changed any text messaging icons yet. Or dialer icons, actually. Let me install ADW, see what sorts out. Gimme a min.
  17. stewart1champ

I just installed ADW, every image I have is the same as it was with the Blur home running.

Are you sure you haven't edited it at all from just a "rooted stock .340"? That is the only thing I can think of...

If not, grab ShootMe from the market, send me a pic in email....
  18. maddog0331

maddog0331 Member

Maybe this can help thats the clearest pic that I could take...its the "Dialer icon first on your left, and then the text icon second from the left". I didn't know if you change them or not but if you could do it for me it would be great many thanks in advance.:icon_ banana: and not I have not edited anything at all........lol
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  19. stewart1champ

I am not sure how anything is wrong. Those two icons looks exactly the same on my screen, as yours. I haven't edited them yet.

They will be changed. I just have to get around to it.
  20. maddog0331

maddog0331 Member

Nothing is wrong but you just answered my questions I wasn't sure if you have done it already or not, but like I said before you just did. Thanks for this great theme. Loving it and the icons too.....dancedroid
Search tags for this page

blurmusic.apk droid 3