WATERblur'D

stewart1champ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well, things are not as fun as they once were. Anywho. I am making this for myself, and I won't be taking certain requests to change anything. I will share it, and you all can port it to whatever you choose. This is nowhere near close to finish, at all.

Instruction installation:
This is a .340 theme, and there is no ROM used. If you have a stock, rooted, deodexed phone, you can run this.

1. First, uninstall all updates to these apps [Go into application manager, uninstall etc.]:
--youtube
--gmail
--vending

~You will be getting the same files back, only in system/app, not data/app. They will be the latest updated versions that I am aware of as of 01/17/11

**WARNING**
This was created from STOCK [NO ROM]. I don't think it will work with any ROM as it is, I haven't tested. I am not responsible for anything that happens if you test this on your own. If you decide to port, or add icons to whatever, just give a little bit of thanks.

Included in Version 1.0:
Settings.apk

Updated icons for:
Gmail.apk
YouTube.apk
BlurCamera.apk
Browser.apk
Music.apk
Vending.apk
FileManager.apk

Additional Edits:
framework-res.apk
blur-res.apk

LAST NOTE ~ Any and all icons subject to change at any time. Nothing on this phone of mine is guaranteed, I prefer a look. I hope you all enjoy it though.

Last edited:
OP
stewart1champ

stewart1champ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Reasoning:

OK, I went with the "stock" feel for several reasons....

1. ROMs are updated way too often, and usually you have to redo the entire theme to match it. The perfect ROM cycle in my eyes has been anything done by CyanogenMod. That is a good timetable. I didn't ever see the need in a ROM update every three days, with trivial results.
2. The ROMs out all remind me way too much of the original DROID. That's cool, I had one. I don't want to get a better phone, the X, and feel like I am back to square one with the ROM.
3. I value the "look" over speed.
4. I like BLUR. Makes it feel like a different phone for now. If I get bored with it, I will switch to a ROM....

Last edited:

bL33d

Reaction score
That looks nice and i agree with ur comments. only rom i have used that made much of a difference was cyanogen and miui the rest are blah imo.

puck3511

Reaction score
Reasoning:

OK, I went with the "stock" feel for several reasons....

1. ROMs are updated way too often, and usually you have to redo the entire theme to match it. The perfect ROM cycle in my eyes has been anything done by CyanogenMod. That is a good timetable. I didn't ever see the need in a ROM update every three days, with trivial results.
2. The ROMs out all remind me way too much of the original DROID. That's cool, I had one. I don't want to get a better phone, the X, and feel like I am back to square one with the ROM.
3. I value the "look" over speed.
4. I like BLUR. Makes it feel like a different phone for now. If I get bored with it, I will switch to a ROM....
STILL waiting for the link for this BEAUTIFUL theme

puck3511

Reaction score
well, things are not as fun as they once were. Anywho. I am making this for myself, and i won't be taking certain requests to change anything. I will share it, and you all can port it to whatever you choose. This is nowhere near close to finish, at all.

instruction installation:

this is a .340 theme, and there is no rom used. If you have a stock, rooted, deodexed phone, you can run this.

1. First, uninstall all updates to these apps [go into application manager, uninstall etc.]:
--youtube
--gmail
--vending

i don't think anyone really needs to be told how to do the bootstrap/rom manager, as we are all big boys here. If you don't know, you shouldn't be reading this first as it is. You need to check out how to root/bootstrap/backup first.

Here is a simple screen i have, thus far:

*before i post the actual link, i need a tester if anyone is interested.

and still waiting ;-)

OP
stewart1champ

stewart1champ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK, this evening I should have the Settings.apk posted. I posted the newly updated image on the front page.

If anyone would like to critique the icons, feel free to. I always like input. And yes, I know I am slow. As posted in first post, I prefer quality over throwing something out there.

Anywho, hope you like, and should have the link up when I get in from work, then it will be on ot the next phase.

maddog0331

Reaction score
OK, this evening I should have the Settings.apk posted. I posted the newly updated image on the front page.

If anyone would like to critique the icons, feel free to. I always like input. And yes, I know I am slow. As posted in first post, I prefer quality over throwing something out there.

Anywho, hope you like, and should have the link up when I get in from work, then it will be on ot the next phase.

dancedroid Thats what I am talking about. I like your style so far and I agree with you over quality. I appreciate every theme out there but sometimes it feels like if the person creating the theme rush it just to get it ready/in time for whatever ROM.....Can't wait for the link...been waiting for this for a while and the Icons are def. some of the best that I have seen in a theme in a while unless you are creating your own...:icon_ banana:. :icon_ banana:Tremendous job in creating this theme for the droid x community :happy2::happy2:

Sailmaker

Reaction score
Nice Job...would like to try out your theme. Appreciate all the work you've put into creating this theme. dancedroid I don't have a rooted X...hope you'll include instructions for changing the theme.

OP
stewart1champ

stewart1champ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Link is up. Please follow directions.

Sailmaker

Reaction score
I guess I am too much of a dweeb...I don't know what to do the the files I downloaded. Do you have to be rooted to use this?

OP
stewart1champ

stewart1champ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I guess I am too much of a dweeb...I don't know what to do the the files I downloaded. Do you have to be rooted to use this?

Yes, must be rooted.

There are tons of resources in these forums for just that.

First, you need to make sure you phone is at update 340. Then you need to get z4root, and run it. Gotta have bootstrapper also. I use ROM Manager too. Then deodex your phone. I'm not much on explaining the how to, but I am confident that someone here can tell you, or if you look in this forum, it will show you:

Droid X Hacks - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I know that will work well, I read and read and eventually just got the hang of it.... it isn't hard. You aren't a dweeb, or a noob. Everyone has to start SOMEWHERE.

maddog0331

Reaction score
Just installed it. Running smooth, however, I got a request being that I use ADW the icons for the dialer which I believe is the same as the person looking one or the phone on the blur home, is not changing leaving me with two different icons or stock icons from adw. The dialer icon and the text message icon. Other than this small request everything seems and is working fine. Thanks again for such a superb job in creating this theme....dancedroid

OP
stewart1champ

stewart1champ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just installed it. Running smooth, however, I got a request being that I use ADW the icons for the dialer which I believe is the same as the person looking one or the phone on the blur home, is not changing leaving me with two different icons or stock icons from adw. The dialer icon and the text message icon. Other than this small request everything seems and is working fine. Thanks again for such a superb job in creating this theme....dancedroid

I'm not following...

The person looking? I don't recall changing that, and I know I didn't change any phone icons yet. Can you show me an image? I haven't started back with ADW, so I am unsure what the issue is.

maddog0331

Reaction score

I'm not following...

The person looking? I don't recall changing that, and I know I didn't change any phone icons yet. Can you show me an image? I haven't started back with ADW, so I am unsure what the issue is.
The actuals icons that per say come "stock with ADW", well just two that I care for the dialer icon and the text message icon are not changing after I apply the theme. All the others do but these two are not changing, and thats why I said I think thats the icon that looks like a person on the blur stock home launcher and being that I use ADW in lieu of the stock launcher these two icons are staying the same as the stock ADW icons provided with the launcher. I hope that I explained myself better this time...dancedroid