Water resistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marklar45

Reaction score
So I just washed my phone and now its sitting in a cup of rice to dry out. Now for the big question anyone else have luck reviving one or am I going to be getting a new and different model phone?

ziggy484

Reaction score
So I just washed my phone and now its sitting in a cup of rice to dry out. Now for the big question anyone else have luck reviving one or am I going to be getting a new and different model phone?

Microwave, popcorn setting, 6 minutes

Sent from a Superclean Voodoo Fascinate

fishmstr

Reaction score

What type of moron would microwave his phone for 6 minutes? Not to mention what type of person would continue to post that?

ziggy484

Reaction score

What type of moron would microwave his phone for 6 minutes? Not to mention what type of person would continue to post that?

What kind of person just starts calling people "moron"? get over yourself and get a sense of humor... MORON... why don't you put yourself in the microwave, popcorn setting, 6 minutes

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
The thing is, that somebody would really put their phone in the microwave.

DON'T PUT YOUR PHONE IN THE MICROWAVE.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Yeah, i'd be careful of giving that advice out even in light of a joke. Unless you state afterwards that you were joking, as some who don't have a grasp on tech might fry their phone and microwave in the process.

Anyway OP, first make sure your battery is not in, i have had luck with one phone, but don't use rice, go find some silica gel, a hobby shop, or gun shop should have some, if not, even the little packs from shoe boxes will work, but you will need quite a few of them.

Pulling your phone apart to dry helps tremendously as well. It could take multiple times longer to fully dry if you dont open it.

Put it in a ziploc bag with the silica gel, and the air squeezed out. I wouldn't try to power it on for at least a week, 2 if you can wait. Because if you try to power it up with moisture making a connection between two posts where it shouldnt, it will only take 1 second for the phone to be toast. Better to be without a phone for a week than to be out of a phone completely.

Did you put it through the washing machine? That is what i did, the lcd always had a slight residue after that, it wasnt bad, but you could tell. It was bad after the week i waited, but after another week of me using my phone, it had improved a lot. In the end the only issues i had were, the microphone was a bit fuzzy in calls, the screen i mentioned above, and the led light was on constantly from then on, always red.

A little later my wife dropped hers in the bath tub, i ran in and pulled the battery, took it apart, ziploc'ed with silica, waited a week, put it together and hers was perfect. I guess the 15 minutes in the washing machine was just too much.

Anyways, good luck, the longer you wait to try to turn it on, the better your results will be. Keep us posted.

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score

What kind of person just starts calling people "moron"? get over yourself and get a sense of humor... MORON... why don't you put yourself in the microwave, popcorn setting, 6 minutes

He didn't call you a moron, reread his post.

Maybe you should try to constructively help someone out instead of tell them to do something that would ruin their 600 dollar phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

fishmstr

Reaction score
I did not call you a moron, perhaps you should work on your comprehension skills. This is the second thread you have posted that garbage, and some young kid that doesn't know better is going to throw his phone in the microwave and cause a fire and at the least destroy their phone beyond repair. All because someoone wanted to make some sort of immature joke.

ziggy484

Reaction score
I did not call you a moron, perhaps you should work on your comprehension skills. This is the second thread you have posted that garbage, and some young kid that doesn't know better is going to throw his phone in the microwave and cause a fire and at the least destroy their phone beyond repair. All because someoone wanted to make some sort of immature joke.

Mind your own business

ziggy484

Reaction score

He didn't call you a moron, reread his post.

Maybe you should try to constructively help someone out instead of tell them to do something that would ruin their 600 dollar phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

You should mind your own business too

Status
Not open for further replies.