Water Live Wallpaper

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by zathus, Apr 24, 2010.

1. zathus

zathus New Member

If your like me, then your sick of the Nexus live wallpaper by now. besides the nexus wallpaper the only other decent one is the starfield. well, after messing around a bit and some trial and error I figered out a clean way to use the live wallpaper water. the tricky thing about this wallpaper is its not like the nexus one. you cant just change the background image. reason why is the programing for that wallpaper takes whatever image is there, flips it upside down, reverses it and compresses it. why? to give that illusion that your looking down at a pond. rather cool, but irratating when your adding a differnt image to the apk. that being said, heres a little guild so to speak on how to effectively add your own image to the water wallpaper with out it looking all retarded.

Firstly, you need to take the LiveWallpapers.apk off your phone. (Im sure changing the images on the live wallpapers can be done making a MM file, but I havnt done that so ill just say what I did)

second, extract the file and go in to the livewallpaper file, res>drawable-hdpi. there is a image there in JPEG format called "pond". there is also a png file called "leaves" first thing to do is open the leaves image and delete the leaves. you cant delete the image it self, there has to be a image there even if its a clear one for the program to look for. after you have cleared out the images save it then open up the pond one. use the pond image is a template so to speak. this is the size you want your final image to be.

heres the tricky part that can take a little trial and error to really get that clean look. if your using a image thats say 900x900. when the livewallpaper trys to open it its going to compress it down to a 450x900. making whatever you put in there look funny. the way to counter act this is making your image a 1700x900. then invurting it. it will look something like this

[​IMG]

now its just a matter of saving the image as the new JPEG pond file, turning the file in to a .apk and pushing it in. if done right you will end up with something like this

[​IMG] [​IMG]

ofcorse with your own image =)

something a little differnt then the norm. hope this helps this someone enjoy there phone just a little more!
  2. Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0 New Member

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me with something man....i have been trying to find a thread on it but i cant find one...first let me say im a die hard dolphins fan but Aaron Rodgers is a BEAST. Anyway, i have been trying to find out how to make my app drawer launch icon a dolphins logo...please TELL ME HOW!
  3. droidzilla

droidzilla New Member

Dam nice Looks like you got me another job to work on Way to go :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
  4. droidlayman

droidlayman New Member

Gentlemen, I would really like to learn how to do what you are doing. The screenshots you have are just amazing... they truly are. Please point a neophite in the right direction for reading materials. I can't seem to get lwp's other than stock to run in koush's 5.0.5.7 can not figure what I'm doing wrong... so want to learn so I can be positive to the forum and not just a leach. AND if I can learn to do what you are doing and create my own wallpapers to share. THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE!!!
  5. droidzilla

droidzilla New Member

It's a lot of trail and error
    here are some sites I use to help out

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ay-edit-live-wallpapers-amazing-tutorial.html

[HOW-TO] ADB for Dummies(How-To Learner's Guide) - xda-developers

http://http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/30188-how-modify-your-live-wallpapers-background.html

all of these have helped me make my LiveWallpapers so a lot of thanks goes to these guys.
  6. droidzilla

droidzilla New Member

zathus

Does it matter what the resolution is i have mine at 96 dPI? So far I have it but its has a white tint to it like noise.
  7. zathus

zathus New Member

QUOTE=v2.2v;428431]
  8. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

For the pond.jpg default settings are as follows on CM 5.0.6.2

Dimensions 1024x1024
    Resolution 96 dpi
    Bit depth 24

Again this is the settings on the file before modding. I have not tried any of this just giving the details.
  9. droidzilla

droidzilla New Member

zathus

Thank for pointing me in the right direction now I have customized two of the LiveWallpapers...:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
    here's a screen shot of the water
  10. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Here is mine thanks to you.

[​IMG]
  11. zathus

zathus New Member

looks good. but its off just a tad =) I found the image your using and sized it to fit just a little better. check it out and see if you like that more
  12. droidzilla

droidzilla New Member

When I get home ill download it and give a try the one I have now looks big. But it gives the illusion of really being under water.
  13. stratt

stratt New Member

Here is one of mine that I have done for the team I am in (Team DC). This is a livewallpaper with the modded water, neural and Galaxy. The first pick is the water lwp, the leaves are our team logo "DC" and the second is the galaxy. All of the ones I have done on our roms have modded water and neural. The newer ones have a modded galaxy. They can all be found here.... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/woodyman/39209-official-team-dc-rom-livewall-papers.html
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  14. o Fi1thy

o Fi1thy New Member

k....so I tried this with the one you made me...I keep getting FC's. any idea why?

Edit: I think its because i didnt change it into an apk file. i googled it cant seem to find out how.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  15. bgill55

bgill55 New Member Theme Developer

Sweet I put little Floating Chaos symbols!! works great!

Thanks for this!

[​IMG]
  16. zathus

zathus New Member

little ninja stars =) looks sick bro!
  17. bgill55

bgill55 New Member Theme Developer

Take 2

[​IMG]
  18. stratt

stratt New Member

All roms have different formats for their LWP's. The ones on our team page are configured for our roms.
  19. zathus

zathus New Member

I think the question was how to make it in to a .apk file. this is simple to do, use a ziping program (I use 7zip) and when you hit add to archive, when it says "LiveWallpapers.zip" change the .zip to .apk.
  20. stratt

stratt New Member

It will still FC because they are not the same formats.
Search tags for this page
android nexus stock water live wallpaper
droid 2 water live wallpaper
latest live wallpaper water
live walpeper cleen done
live watar wal pepar
live water screensaver for pc
live watery wallpaper for pc
livewallpaper
water live for pc

water live wallpaper

water live wallpaper apk