Water damage?

car_pe

Reaction score
My S3 has never been dropped, never been wet, never had any physical damage done to it. I've had it one year and the local tech told me it was in the most excellent shape. Not even a scratch.
Question -- I recieved a new S3 today after applying for my carriers advanced exchange program for a defective charging port/pin short. When taking off my back cover of my original phone I noticed there is a small amount of blue on the top of what looks like a rectangular water damage indicator. Every other indicator are either solid white or white with red x's. No other "bleeds" so to speak. What could have caused that indicator to bleed slightly blue?
The paper that came with the new phone states that if, upon inspection of the old phone, it has physical damage (broken screen, water damage, etc) I could get charged the full retail price.
Any ideas?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My S3 has never been dropped, never been wet, never had any physical damage done to it. I've had it one year and the local tech told me it was in the most excellent shape. Not even a scratch.
Question -- I recieved a new S3 today after applying for my carriers advanced exchange program for a defective charging port/pin short. When taking off my back cover of my original phone I noticed there is a small amount of blue on the top of what looks like a rectangular water damage indicator. Every other indicator are either solid white or white with red x's. No other "bleeds" so to speak. What could have caused that indicator to bleed slightly blue?
The paper that came with the new phone states that if, upon inspection of the old phone, it has physical damage (broken screen, water damage, etc) I could get charged the full retail price.
Any ideas?

It could come from any number of reasons....in your pocket and sweat, in the bathroom when taking a shower, exposed to rain, etc. And, yes, if you return the phone under the warranty exchange, it will be looked at when returned so it can be turned into a "Certified Like New" phone. If the watermark is noticed, then you likely will be charged full retail price for the replacement phone. That is in the T&C.

OP
C

car_pe

Reaction score
That's what I thought. And that is why, being the honest person I am, will be bringing my phone, as well as the new one, to the tech tomorrow. If that small amount of water mark (that basically is just the top rim of the box) could possibly get me a $700 bill, I will back out of the program and send the new one back. I suppose I was hoping it wasn't what it looks like as no other indicator has been tripped.