Water damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyMan

Reaction score
I know this is in the wrong area, but given how new the LG Ally is, I didn't think that board gets enough views and this might not ever get seen. My brother got pushed into a pool, and has water damage. this was a few days ago, and since he has had it in rice, and it appears to be dried out. The phone boots up, however the touch screen is not responsive at all, therefore it is stock at the slide lock screen. Any ideas how to maybe get past this?? We also were thinking maybe a hard reset or recovery might help if files got corrupt, but we couldn't figure that out either. Any help is appreciated.

Again, I apologize for those who are upset this is in the wrong section

nyijedi

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about your brother's phone. Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything you'll be able to do to fix it, as it is most likely a hardware problem now. Maybe someone else will disagree with me, but I think your brother may be out of luck with his current phone. Hopefully VZW won't kill him with the price of a replacement.

OP
A

AndyMan

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about your brother's phone. Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything you'll be able to do to fix it, as it is most likely a hardware problem now. Maybe someone else will disagree with me, but I think your brother may be out of luck with his current phone. Hopefully VZW won't kill him with the price of a replacement.

Yea I figured it was likely hardware now over software, but figured anything is worth a shot now if the phone is a paper weight anyway..

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Tiny hole to the left of the sd card.

DAFISHER

Reaction score
Thanks phone works good but tiny hole has void showing thought that was what it ment but was unsure. Every thing works on the phone the guy is still using it so i know it works is it worth 100 bucks or am i just buying some one's trouble

dbu

Reaction score
how can you tell if a dinc has been exposed to water thinking of buying a used dinc

If you look on the battery and to the left of the speaker you will see a tiny red sticker that has little x's on it. That's a moisture indicator, if it looks like the x's are smeared or washed out a little the phone has been exposed to moisture.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
That void sticker is there so no one tampers with the guts. If it is missing or ripped the warranty is void.

Chris

Mytchh

Reaction score
I dropped my phone in the toilet, but then i put it in rice.

I thought it was okay and would work.

But now when i try to turn it on it says ..

Battery Okay
Okay to Program

Coneect USB to Program
Data Transfer

PLEASE HELP!
THANKS YOU

Mytchh

Reaction score
I dropped my phone in the toilet, but then i put it in rice.

I thought it was okay and would work.

But now when i try to turn it on it says ..

Battery Okay
Okay to Program

Coneect USB to Program
Data Transfer

PLEASE HELP!
THANKS YOU

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hello, please don't spam the board, only one thread is necessary...hold on we will try to help you

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
closing this thread.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please do not cross post. If you've dropped your Droid in water there is a thread for that in our Droid FAQ.

IAmNiceify

Reaction score
Hi guys.

My phone is soak in the water like about 45min to 1h >< When i was having kayaking LOL

But after few days my usb not working.So i bring it to samsung and i was told to collect my phone 1 to 5 days.So on the fourth day i got a call from samsung saying my phone had water damage bah bah and i have to pay about 205USD to get it fixed, its was actually 400+ but its was discounted as i was under warranty.
She said that its corroded inside.

Is it worth? If so i can get it back today 6pm now its 2.49pm here (Singapore) She said that they have to change everything,the screen the motherboard,basically its a new phone with some old component like the metal frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.