water damage?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Skullx, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Skullx

Skullx New Member

Well my phone came in contact with a slight amount of water, but I'd thought I would make sure it wasn't a bug first. But anyways the only problem I can tell is that the volume down button does nothing and the camera button is now the volume down.
  2. Tarster

Tarster New Member

Did you use some nice indirect heat to slowly dry it all out? And have you tried reinstalling the rom? Doing a complete wipe of data and cache and re-install the rom
  3. Skullx

Skullx New Member

I just let it dried out over night. But maybe I'll just reload a froyo SS that I know works to test and see if that fixes the issue.

On a side note does anyone know the quality of the phones you get through the insurance program? Are they used or new?
  4. fox_dye

fox_dye New Member

You get a refurbished device. I got one back in July and I beat the hell out of it and flash it a couple times a week and I have never had any problems with mine. But my wife has gone through 2 and she babies her phone and wont let me root it. So I think it is just the luck of the draw. Good luck.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.......
    follow me on twitter @fox_dye
  5. Trezore

Trezore New Member

I have a DroidX.

Good to know fox_dye, I figured it would be refurbished by now... Got mine the first day it was out. The USB charge port got fried 5 days later. I think I was the first person to ever return the phone. Since there are no refurbished that early, I got another new one as a replacement. :)

And just recently mine dropped into a mop bucket as I was filling it with super hot water! Somehow I managed to snatch it out fast enough with minimal side effects. (booting into safe mode) (far left menu button would randomly act as if it was constantly being pressed) (which explains the safe mode booting!!!) Took a can of forced air (probably shouldn't do that in hind site after reading these water logged posts) but it worked fine after that! :) phew!!! LOVE MY DROID!
Search tags for this page
android boot in safe mode after water damage

android safe mode water

android safe mode water damage

droid x2 water damage safe mode
dropped my android phone in water and now its in safe mode
how to get safe mode off my.galaxy s3 after it fell in water
how to take safe mode off when a galaxy s3 fell in water
phone in safe mode after water damage
safe mode after water damage
safe mode android water damage
safe mode on fallaxy after water dage