Water and the Droid...

bwayne

Reaction score
So, today i decided to shoot some vids of me and my crew dancing in the rain like in step-up 2 with that DVD quality video camera... Yes, It was very very fun... Now upon coming inside and after looking @ the vids, there seem to be some problems with the keyboard. Now I didn't drop my phone in any puddles, and the battery wetness sticker thing is still perfect... Has anybody else encountered these problems? Its kind of sketchy to me... I don't want to have to factory restart cuz i have too many contacts...

Is the Droid that sensitive to water? Is it possibly a hacking problem?

I need help!!!

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
why dont you have your droid syncing your contacts with your gmail account? This way you will never worry about losing your contacts.

As for the water part sorry mine so far has been dry. Although it has been raining a lot here in phoenix and it did get a little wet but i have not had any problems this far. :icon_ banana:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Contacts should not be a issue as they are backed up on the cloud....

Did the phone get wet or not? It's either one or the other.....High Humidity might cause issues depending on how long....

And what are the problems?

OP
B

bwayne

Reaction score
So i got wet on the screen... but i have a screen protector and the bodyglove case... It wasn't bad, not soaked... but the keyboard is either really sensitive or its just wacko... both the touch and actual keyboard. It often says that i'm searching for something when i'm just typing. The keyboard when pressed in certain areas causes the phone to i guess sleep(as if you hit the power key) and will have random junk written in it text box when i unlock the touch screen...

And what is the cloud?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
And what is the cloud?

That would be Mother Google..I would take the battery out and let it dry out overnight.....You in your 30days or have insurance?

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
"the cloud" is the internet.

When i got mine wet i had the keyboard open and was typing the first time and just looking at the screen the second time while it was getting raindrops on it. It didnt get too wet but wet enough that i had to wipe off the screen to see the images

I would like to see the videos though to see what kind of video quality we have with all the movements

OP
B

bwayne

Reaction score
No i'm not kidding... I'm actually pretty damn serious... and scared... and i do have insurence...