Watching Videos without touch

coolcat600

Reaction score
Me and the wife just got droids and we're absolutely loving them so far. I have done a lot of research and I'm able to rip/convert videos to put on my droid - however one thing bugs me, it is WAY to easy to screw things up by bumping it with my fingers. The search, home or just on the screen. Is there a program, or any way to (without rooting) get it to essentially lock the screen and require a press of the power/lock button to unlock it. My nephews want to watch videos but I don't want them accidentally getting out of the video and screwing with the phone or calling someone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
coolcat600

coolcat600

Reaction score
I would assume by the lack of response either I wasn't clear or there isn't a way. If it was that I wasn't clear, I'm basically looking for a way to hand my nephew my droid, with a video playing, and not have the touch screen respond to any touch.

I doubt this is possible, but I figured I'd ask.

ben22289

Reaction score
Please does anyone have a fix for this problem? I have relatively large hands and when watching streamed video from tv.com or youtube i often press the back button and have to restart from the beginning. anyone have any luck to have a movie playing but the four buttons turned off so accidental touches do not force you to restart the entire movie?

konikofi

Reaction score
I found Simple Movies free app in the marketplace...it is pretty close to what you want, but has several bugs that need fixing...if your nephews are like my 1.5 yr old, they will quickly unlock the phone while it is playing a movie...guess I'll keep looking for something better...