Watching Live Video

KevinJ

Reaction score
(I tried a search, but didn't really see anything...)

I was trying to watch NASA TV last night on my Droid, and couldn't. Big fail there. Now, am I missing something?

From the NASA TV site you can use a variety of media types - Real Player, Windows Media, & Quicktime.

One site that carries NASA TV (spaceflightnow.com) but I can't use that until we get Flash on the phones.

Am I just out of luck?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im not really sure if you can watch live video or not honestly?

I thought we could but now that you mentioned it I can't remember if I ever have or not...

mjs31

Reaction score

I was trying to watch NASA TV last night on my Droid, and couldn't. Big fail there. Now, am I missing something?

From the NASA TV site you can use a variety of media types - Real Player, Windows Media, & Quicktime.

One site that carries NASA TV (spaceflightnow.com) but I can't use that until we get Flash on the phones.

Am I just out of luck?

Chances are you are out of luck if it is flash based. If it is Flash based, then it is not fail on the Droids part since no phone has flash yet. Where are the live feeds at? I see a lot of videos that you can watch. Oh wait...I do see some with live feeds for the Iphone LMAO. however, when it is clicked on it says it is not available yet for the Iphone and it is in fact flash based.

barbosa

Reaction score

Am I just out of luck?

Use this here SPB TV app from the marketplace. If you like NASA TV they have two varieties plus a research channel and about 40 or so other various channels from around the world in various languages. The quality of the stations varies widely, but there are a few that I watch a lot. Unfortunately, it seems, any local channel that could be useful for local news is blocked; for instance, I live near DC and cannot watch the local DC news channel, but I can watch all of the available west coast news channels and world news. SPB Tv is a decent streaming "live" (sometimes live) app.