watching dvd's on Droid Incredible

jebmn

Reaction score
I have done this without a hitch on Moto Droid. How do I do it on my new Incredable. Do I need to down load an app?

xBBuser

Reaction score
I use DVD Catalyst to convert my dvd's, add them to my incredible folder, then watch them with an app called Act 1 Video player.

DVD Catalyst is an excellent program. The software update for the Incredible has launched already as well.

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
I use DVD Catalyst to convert my dvd's, add them to my incredible folder, then watch them with an app called Act 1 Video player.

DVD Catalyst is an excellent program. The software update for the Incredible has launched already as well.

do i download DVD Catalyst on my pc?

xBBuser

Reaction score

Yes. On to your PC.

Then you are able take just about any DVD movie (there are a few where the DRM cannot be stripped out) and convert them to be viewed on the Incredible. Once that file is converted, you mount your Inc then transfer the file to your video folder. Play that file with the free version (in the Marketplace) of Act 1 Video player.

Here is their website link;
Tools4Movies, Official home of DVD Catalyst Price right now is marked down to $9.95. Thats a great price to be able to copy DVD movies you own or rent. You can also watch those converted movies anytime you want right on your Incredible phone. You can even watch them on your PC with Quicktime or Windows Media player.

Last edited:

smacinskyjr

Reaction score

Yes. On to your PC.

Then you are able take just about any DVD movie (there are a few where the DRM cannot be stripped out) and convert them to be viewed on the Incredible. Once that file is converted, you mount your Inc then transfer the file to your video folder. Play that file with the free version (in the Marketplace) of Act 1 Video player.

Here is their website link;
Tools4Movies, Official home of DVD Catalyst Price right now is marked down to $9.95. Thats a great price to be able to copy DVD movies you own or rent. You can also watch those converted movies anytime you want right on your Incredible phone. You can even watch them on your PC with Quicktime or Windows Media player.

thanks for the info

beesy

Reaction score
A better software

I use AVS video converter, it is fast and free if you download it from a torrent site....great software! Rip your dvd's to mp4 264 or 263.....converts any time of video....dancedroid

OP
jebmn

jebmn

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! I am really ready to move movies to my incredible. Since the phone does not come with a player I am looking for an app to down load. smacinskyjr
mentioned an app called Act1 but that one is not free. I am terrible cheap. What is a good app for viewing movies on the the phone that is free? Thanks all

xBBuser

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! I am really ready to move movies to my incredible. Since the phone does not come with a player I am looking for an app to down load. smacinskyjr
mentioned an app called Act1 but that one is not free. I am terrible cheap. What is a good app for viewing movies on the the phone that is free? Thanks all

If you want a free one search the Marketplace for 'Video Player'

That one works great as well.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ok Im gonna expand on his question a little, if I wanna do this on a motorola droid, on a laptop comp, just download one of these converter programs, put dvd in laptop, convert to mp4, then put on video folder on droid?

Thanks!

xBBuser

Reaction score
Ok Im gonna expand on his question a little, if I wanna do this on a motorola droid, on a laptop comp, just download one of these converter programs, put dvd in laptop, convert to mp4, then put on video folder on droid?

Thanks!

Yes to all that! The software has a drop down box that allows you to choose what format you want to view the conversion in.
I started out using DVD Catalyst on my Moto Droid. Now that I have the Inc, I still use DVD Catalyst.
They just came out with the Inc update for their software as well.

Did I mention that DVD Catalyst will strip out DRM from most all DVD's?...:icon_ banana:

fireflyfrommi

Reaction score
A little help please, I got this to work on my husbands Motorola Droid, using Megauploadlinks.net, but when I download a movie to my Incredible I don't think it's going to my SD card. We are both using Video Player. His came right up but mine is no where to be found. Any ideas on where to find this movie in my phone? It's there somewhere, just no idea where and how to view it.

Thanks

fireflyfrommi

Reaction score
I figured it out, I was downloading it to my h drive and should have used the g drive.