Watching Android 4.1 named Jelly Bean

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by cybertec69, Jun 27, 2012.

1. cybertec69

cybertec69 Well-Known Member

Damn smooth, I want JB:icon_ devil:
  2. mike7728

mike7728 Member

I want the new os coming out next year called B.L.T,BACON,LETTUCE,TOMATO,can u imagine how long it would take Verizon to serve that one up..L.O.L
  3. cybertec69

cybertec69 Well-Known Member

Pretty fast, I am sure:icon_eek::icon_ devil:
  4. mike7728

mike7728 Member

In all honesty its looks bad ass,hopefully some devs get ahold of it for us Rezound owners
  5. Escobar

Escobar New Member

I couldn't wait for it to finally be pushed to the Rezound. Still waiting on ics and it's almost July. This is ridiculous. They said early 2012. That was a lie. So my impatience prompted me to preorder the nexus 7
  6. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

7. mike7728

mike7728 Member

unfortunately we will not get the jelly bean upgrade,hopefully we will all meet on here next year with a new HTC device,and will be talking about anticapating it.
  8. svdroiddude

svdroiddude New Member

Only a small % of the android devices have ICS....and they want to promote JB? Yeah, I understand the marketing ploy...get us to salivate over the latest OS that won't come to our phone so we will HAVE to buy something new. The fragmentation is just ridiculous. :angry:
  9. Schimm

Schimm New Member

Apparently JB is announced to roll out in mid July on the Nexus and Xoom. It doesn't look like a major upgrade but that sure was fast.

Sent from my hooka via hash cloud.
  10. Xander Crews

Xander Crews Member

I'm not a developer, but based on the Rezound's specs, there is no reason why we shouldn't get JB eventually.

It is annoying that the Nexus may have JB before we even get ICS. For (arguably) the best overall phone that Verizon has right now to be 2 major OS releases behind is pretty ridiculous.

I don't think I'm as impatient as some of you. We'll get it when we get it. It can't be much longer.
    I just wish Google would put their foot down with all of this fragmentation. Like most of you, it's one of the few complaints I have about Android.
  11. mike7728

mike7728 Member

I would like to see Google grab these phone carriers by the balls,to get them on the go.With these updates so far behind it makes google look bad
  12. svdroiddude

svdroiddude New Member

Well, it makes Android definitely look bad...bad enough that many companies that buy phones for their staff won't go down that path. They choose iPhone because there is consistency. I know there are those that say download the leak...but that is not the point. We shouldn't have to go through the back door to get what is available RIGHT NOW. My guess is that ICS could (and should) have been ready for our phones (and all of them) back in January! Six plus months to implement phone software???? We can send people into space faster than this! It is all about manipulation and greed.

I would bet that Verizon is holding off so people will decide to upgrade to a new phone with ICS or JB on their new more EXPENSIVE data plan. Verizon is so damn cocky.:icon_evil:
  13. acousticshade

acousticshade New Member

Not sure if we'll get the official JB, but we will no doubt get a rom or two. My thought is that Verizon is holding things up atm. We had the RAZR update & now the GNEX is getting JB, so, the red-headed step child is left in the dust until they have enough server space to push out ICS to the Rezound crowd.

That's ok...the red headed stepchild has a 4.0 GPA and is captain of the football team.
  14. Bochoa

Bochoa New Member

Sorry if this is random guys, but what does awake time and uptime mean in the settings section for about phone?
  15. Nealius

Nealius New Member

If Im not mistaken, isnt this the entire reason the "Nexus" phone exists. To be 1 step ahead of the rest? I can sorta understand where you are coming from. Also you had the choice to pick up a Nexus around the same time the Rezound came out. Looks like (arguably) its not the best overall phone.
  16. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator Premium Member

I just played with Jellybean and honestly I think that if you can run ICS you will get (official or unofficial) JellyBean. It's not a big enough improvement over ICS and there is little/no additional overhead. Except for maybe the offline maps/voice recognition.
  17. Coupe

Coupe New Member

Off line maps, thats kinda a big deal.

I think the odds are better of getting JB on a new Blackberry before we get anything on the Rez, I am starting to doubt VZW will even give us ICS.
  18. nikecar

nikecar New Member

and I bet even that phone won't have ICS.

Offline Maps was annoucned by Google at their maps event. Its not a JB only feature, but rather an update to their maps. i wager we all should see it soon.

EDIT: I just went into Maps to see if the feature was enabled, and it wasn't. Then I saw the icon for updates available, and lo and behold, v6.9.0 on Jun27th has listed under What's New: Save Maps for use Offline

It works.
  19. JeffDenver

JeffDenver New Member

Um...why is everyone saying the Rezound will not get JB? HTC has not announced anything, and the Rezound is comparable to the Galaxy Nexus in specs. And significantly BETTER than the Nexus S! LOL

I think it is a little premature to make sweeping predictions of doom, don't you?
  20. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Well-Known Member

Actually I think it exists in an attempt to be bloat/corporation free, which was a pretty clear fail. It was just easier to put a buggy ICS on there instead of developing GB for it then updating it later down the road. Has nothing to do with being ahead.

Personally I'd much rather have a reliable Gingerbread than a buggy ICS. I may get burned at the stake for this but I don't see what the big deal is over ICS. Not saying it isn't going to be awesome and is full of great features, but people make GB out to be like it's trash and they can't wait to get rid of it.....why? Cause it doesn't have facial recognition? It's amazing how impatient we are in this culture. This is very noticeable when driving (at least in Atlanta). Granted we have been repeatedly told about getting an update and then having it torn from our fingers, but it's not like I'm currently miserable with my device. I love how it's the same people who talk about how the Rezound is the best phone on VZW who are the ones complaining about not having ICS. Focus more on the first part of that mindset and it'll make the second part that much better.

As for JB, looks good. While I doubt we'll get an official release (look at all the phones NOT getting ICS, it seems to have nothing to do with specs but coding AND, probably more importantly, contracting), there will undoubtedly be several JB ROMS. So just take a deep breath in, make some iced tea, sit back and relax. It's actually quite nice when you get the hang of it :happy3:
Search tags for this page

jelly bean htc rezound

rezound jelly bean update