Watchespn now on chromecast

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
watchESPN_iPad_featured_381x286_Updated.jpg

Ok about 2 months ago I did a review between the chromecast and the roku and I felt like the roku was a step ahead because of content such as watch espn and Amazon instant. Today that gap is thinning as we now see that chromecast can support live tv content like an espn. Could this bring some truth to the rumor that the NFL could come to Chromecast?
Time will tell but for now I will be doing the happy dance and enjoying my espn.

Booty_dance2.gif

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1401812858141.jpg

Chromecast: For Bigger Plays: [video=youtube_share;DAUKV5zf7Qk]http://youtu.be/DAUKV5zf7Qk[/video]
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I should be able to watch HBO Go, Showtime Anytime, ESPN and anything else, by subscribing to their services, without the need for a cable subscription.
Yet I pay for Hulu Plus, and I still have to watch commercials.

It's 2014 already, when are things gonna start making sense around here!?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
In fairness to these big companies it DOES make sense to them. If people could buy JUST HBO and ESPN for let's say $12/month... what do I need TWC\Comcast for? So I drop them. and you drop them. and Joe drops them. Eventually TWC\Comcast say "dafuq are we paying so much for ESPN for?" Then they drop ESPN.... and ESPN\Disney lose MILLIONS of dollars... money they simply will NOT make up for in single subscriptions.
The big problem is the way cable companies and companies like Disney operate.
I wish I could find the article ... the best article I've ever read about this... and share it with you all.
Wait, scratch that... I'll find it. ;)
BRB

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
*bam* Power of the Internet. I emailed the Editor of the paper I read it in. He wrote back in less then a minute.

Read this and get pissed off:
Major League Baseball's screwball economics | City Pages

Good article. With the time warner buy out by Comcast bill has spiked. Cable companies are already hip to the cable alternatives such as Chromecast, rokus, fire TVs, and the apple TV I called last month to cut cable and just get internet and you would think that would save money. Nope they priced it so if you just buy internet alone it is only a few bucks cheaper if it is "bundled". Until we get more Google fibers to compete by providing high speed Internet for a decent price and alternatives to watching sports with out a cable tie in the cable company have the upper hand unless everyone revolt and just go to their local sports bar to watch the games which still supports the local cable company as the bar is paying a subscription fee as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2