Watch your bill!

Kittysback

Reaction score
I have had nothing but problems with Verizon lately! I've had them for many years, but just recently starting having problems (they are lucky I love my TBolt)... I just looked at my account on line and my bill was approx. $83 too much. I had an unlimited data package since February, and got my TBolt the end of March. I just called them and they told me that the actual day I got my TBolt, the data package was removed for that one day! WTF! I surely didn't remove it. I told her that was THEIR problem NOT mine and I was not paying that extra $83! She put me on hold and said her supervisor was on the phone and she needed his approval to give me the credit, but she submitted a credit slip for him to approve. She says it was their fault and there should be no reason he wouldn't approve it. But that makes me nervous since I've had a lot of issues with them lately. I am so angry! :icon_evil:

1android

Reaction score
I can understand why you would be upset, but they took care of the situation. I dont know what other issues you are having so I can't speak to that. But issues come up. Its what a company will do in order to put the fire out. I'm in sales and problems happen that are out of my hands often. Its so nice to deal with a customer that understands that things happen and appreciate it when I make it a priority to resolve the issue at hand.

I too would be upset and wonder why and how it happened, but as long as they gave you the credit and make it right I say now you can relax a bit and enjoy your TB ;-).

you should always watch your bill anways for reasons such as this.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a problem one time with Verizon and that was when I changed plans. I did the change right after I paid the bill so instead of just starting from the new plan they went to the end of the month I just paid for and changed the bill to the new plan effective then.

Only problem was the bill was higher, not lower even after refunding my payment. It was about a 20.00 difference. I went through the billing with a rep and he said the billing was correct explaining everything. I said OK but something didn't look right. Then I spotted it. I was suppose to get a $20.00 discount on data and though they applied that to the next months bill they didn't apply it to the effective date of change.

Got a rep on the phone, pointed it out to them, $20.00 credit instantly applied.

But other then that no problems.

OP
K

Kittysback

Reaction score
I can understand why you would be upset, but they took care of the situation. I dont know what other issues you are having so I can't speak to that. But issues come up. Its what a company will do in order to put the fire out. I'm in sales and problems happen that are out of my hands often. Its so nice to deal with a customer that understands that things happen and appreciate it when I make it a priority to resolve the issue at hand.

I too would be upset and wonder why and how it happened, but as long as they gave you the credit and make it right I say now you can relax a bit and enjoy your TB ;-).

you should always watch your bill anways for reasons such as this.

It would take me an hour to tell you the issues I've had with them lately, and all of it is related to my Thunderbolt (not the phone itself... long story). I literally talked to 10 different people, got different answer, and when I thought something was resolved, it wasn't. So this bill is just the icing on the cake. And it actually hasn't been taken care of yet... in words, yes, but until I see that taken off my bill, it's not taken care of. She said her supervisor has to approve it. Like I said, my history with them lately hasn't been smooth sailing, so I won't believe it til I see it! But yes, I will be enjoying my TBolt. I absolutely LOVE this phone, and I got to try it out in G4 for the first time last night (I'm not in a 4G area but traveled to an area that was). WOW is it FAST! I also got to try out the navigation system for the first time last night, and it got us right where we needed to go. Love it!! So glad I didn't decide on the iPhone (I was debating between the two). :icon_ banana:

dark juggalo

Reaction score
yea,i've been having issues w/big red too...when i started my plan i switched 2 phones(daughters & mine) from prepay to a family plan,bought a DX & a cosmos touch and a wifi hotspot...3 devices...a week later i notice that i have 3 accounts,i go see them,they fix...i got one account,right?..no,,, now i have 4 accounts...1 account w/all the devices on it..and an account for each so for 2 months now i've been double billed and not one of them seem to jive w/ the others...then 3 weeks ago i cave in and get the TB and give the DX to mom and add her to the plan.. they assure me its fixed now,but we'll see come the next billing cycle if i have 1 account or 5 :icon_eek:

OP
K

Kittysback

Reaction score
Well well well... what a surprise, Verizon did NOT issue me a credit as they assured me they would. So I had to call back today. The rep told me "Oh, I see a credit slip was submitted, but that manager denied it". :icon_eek: Okay, so I get an unlimited data plan in February, get my TBolt the end of March, I even repicked the unlimited data package when I ordered the phone online (it required me to)... and they have the nerve to deny me an $83 credit stating I didn't have the plan for 1 day, the exact day I got the TBolt???? :icon_eek::icon_eek: So, this rep reviewed everything and agreed that it was their fault, not mine (as did the girl yesterday). She put me on hold and spoke to her manager, who reviewed my account, and she got back on and said he agreed that it was their mistake, not mine, and he would issue me the credit. So I checked, and they did. And that's what makes me angry about them. Nothing is ever simply, and it should have been resolved the first time I called. It's very aggitating! :mad:

OP
K

Kittysback

Reaction score
yea,i've been having issues w/big red too...when i started my plan i switched 2 phones(daughters & mine) from prepay to a family plan,bought a DX & a cosmos touch and a wifi hotspot...3 devices...a week later i notice that i have 3 accounts,i go see them,they fix...i got one account,right?..no,,, now i have 4 accounts...1 account w/all the devices on it..and an account for each so for 2 months now i've been double billed and not one of them seem to jive w/ the others...then 3 weeks ago i cave in and get the TB and give the DX to mom and add her to the plan.. they assure me its fixed now,but we'll see come the next billing cycle if i have 1 account or 5 :icon_eek:

Good luck with that... if it were me and my luck lately with them, I'd end up with 5 accounts! :wacko:

1android

Reaction score
Ok as I stated above, stuff happens and you have to give the opportunity for them to fix the situation which they said they would do.

NOW..... Since they said they would fix it as they understood it was their fault and haven't followed through....I would be PISSED! One time I can understand as long as they follow through with what they promised but If you have to call back a second time, there is inexcusable!! Especially with a company as large as Verizon.

Sorry yo year about your problems your having. If I were you, I would definitely have second thoughts about Verizon. Good luck man

OP
K

Kittysback

Reaction score
Ok as I stated above, stuff happens and you have to give the opportunity for them to fix the situation which they said they would do.

NOW..... Since they said they would fix it as they understood it was their fault and haven't followed through....I would be PISSED! One time I can understand as long as they follow through with what they promised but If you have to call back a second time, there is inexcusable!! Especially with a company as large as Verizon.

Sorry yo year about your problems your having. If I were you, I would definitely have second thoughts about Verizon. Good luck man

And that is why I was so "set off" the first time it happened... I KNEW (from recent experience) that it wouldn't be the end of it!! Ugh! (And I'm going to insert this banana emoticon, just cuz it's my favorite and I think it's really cute... :icon_ banana:)