Watch you DVD's on your Droid...!!!!

Erich_F

Reaction score
No, you're right...but it's only $10 to buy and download. I haven't found a free video converter that didn't have some severe limitation or watermarking.

Erich_F

Reaction score
I have, and the free end puts a watermark right in the center of the converted video. :mad:

CDB

Reaction score
No, it doesn't. There is only one version, it is free and does not have a paid counterpart. Not sure what you were using.

Erich_F

Reaction score
Odd...maybe I'm thinking of one of the other ones I was trying (tried quite a few). For whatever reason, I dumped it. I know it was Handbrake, because the icon and title said "HANDBRAKE". I'm not a complete idiot.... :icon_eek:

CDB

Reaction score
Handbrake doesn't put watermarks on anything. It's open-source. Again, not sure what you were using but it wasn't Handbrake 0.9.3, nor 0.9.4.

Erich_F

Reaction score
Oh, I believe you. But, for whatever reason I found Handbrake not to work for me. :confused:

Anyways, DVD Cat was a great solution for my purposes. YMMV.

DogPaw

Reaction score
I have been using Cucusoft for years and the are always adding free updates. Very easy to use. Cost about $45 but in one click I can rip a movie to an itouch, zune, pda, Droid or anything else with a screen. I set up a custom rip for the Droid. You can download a sample program at Ultimate DVD Converter, Video Converter, DVD + Video Converter Suite

The Cucusoft Ultimate DVD Converter converts DVDs to play on almost any portable device including iPod, iPhone, iPod touch, iPod video nano, Zune, PSP, video-capable MP3 players, video-capable mobile phones, Pocket PC, etc.

mjs31

Reaction score
Handbrake is free and does not have the out of sync issues when FF or RW that others have. Easily the best for converting for the Droid and I tried many.

CDB

Reaction score
It's spelled Handbrake, not Handbreak. Google Handbrake. It's the first link.

P.S. Unless something changed, you still need a 'decrypter' like DVD43. Handbrake is just a converter.

hebertm1

Reaction score
I have been using Slysofts CloneDVD Mobile
After Installation add these lines to the Devices.ini file located in the installation folder.

[Motorola Droid - small files]
Manufacturer=Motorola
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Res1=640x480
ResAna1=854x480
ARate=32000
ABRate=96
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
lavcopts=aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=mpeg4:coder=1:acodec=libfaac
FileType=mp4
Quality=23
iPodFix=0
MaxVBitrate=1000

[Motorola Droid - better quality]
Manufacturer=Motorola
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Res1=640x480
ResAna1=854x480
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
lavcopts=aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=mpeg4:coder=1:acodec=libfaac
FileType=mp4
Quality=23
iPodFix=0
MaxVBitrate=2500

Works Great every time.

pennypritty1

Reaction score
I also use DVD Catalyst 3.0 It works very well, but don't make the bit rate too high, or the video and audio will not match up. It will look like a bad Japanese translated movie :)

from this, it's clear I'm converting my movies wrong. Would you mind posting your settings for your conversion? I also purchased the DVD Catalyst 3.0 version. It's been extremely frustrating because all of my converted shows/movies are like "a bad Japanese translated movie" lool...

And I thought it was the players, from the original droid players to the apps... every one of my shows' audios lag behind the video and I've been very frustrated to the point of not watching anything on my droid anymore (which was very disappointing for me)...