Watch Samsung Unpacked 2019 For The Galaxy Note 10 Live!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Preach2k, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Preach2k

Preach2k Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,021
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState

Galaxy Unpacked take place? We’ve written a comprehensive guide on how to watch Galaxy Unpacked live and revel in the reveals as they happen. It starts on Wednesday, August 7th at 4 p.m. ET (1 p.m. PT), and will be held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. If that sounds familiar, that’s because it’s the same place the Galaxy Note 9 was announced.
    August 7 Galaxy Unpacked event will host the official reveal of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10. The second Unpacked of the year has almost always played host to a new Note phone, and there have been too many rumors and leaks for us to think anything else. But there’s one element that’s out of the ordinary — we might not be seeing just one Note 10.

For the first time, Samsung will create a Note range. According to various rumors and leaks, August 7 will see the launch of the standard Galaxy Note 10 and a larger version, either called the “Galaxy Note 10 Pro” or the “Galaxy Note 10 Plus.” The Galaxy Note 10 is expected to have a 6.3-inch AMOLED display, while the Galaxy Note 10 Plus/Pro may well have an enormous 6.8-inch AMOLED screen. Both are expected to have a similar hole-punch display as seen on the Galaxy S10 range — but this time with a centrally-placed selfie camera lens. There’s also talk the new Note range will follow Apple, Motorola, and others in ditching the headphone jack.

Unusually for a Samsung flagship, leaks and rumors aren’t yet agreed on the specific hardware we’ll be seeing. Originally, it was assumed this year’s Snapdragon 855 flagship would take its place in both Note models — but that assumption was blown out of the water by the arrival of the upgraded Snapdragon 855 Plus. Early reports indicated Samsung would ignore the newer processor to work with the original 855, but more recent reports say the opposite, leading to some uncertainty as to which chip we’ll be seeing. That said, both phones will have tons of power either way, so don’t worry about it too much.

Samsung is also expected to fix one of our long-standing gripes with its flagship range: charging speed. While Quick Charge 2.0 is by no means slow, technology has moved on, and much faster recharging speeds are now possible. According to whispers, both the Note 10 and the Note 10 Pro/Plus will incorporate support for a staggeringly fast 45W charging speed (though both will ship with a 25W charger), and decently sized battery capacities of 3,600mAh and 4,300mAh, respectively.

The Note 10 range will also feature a strong camera system. According to most rumors, we’ll see a triple-lens system on the back of both models, comprised of a 12-megapixel lens with variable aperture (which may have three apertures rather than two), a 16-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 12-megapixel zoom lens. The Pro/Plus model is also expected to have additional depth-sensing lenses referred to as “Depth Vison ToF,” which stands for time-of-flight.

Finally, we need to address 5G. Early rumors said the Note 10 range would support 5G, but those whispers slackened off. More recently, we’ve seen more leaks that point to a 5G version of the Note 10 Plus/Pro on Verizon’s 5G network. With the S10 range supporting 5G, it would be odd for Samsung to leave this headline feature out of the Note 10. In about 30 minutes all questions will be answered.

Galaxy UNPACKED 2019 - The Official Samsung Galaxy Site

• Like Like x 2
  2. Preach2k

Preach2k Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,021
    Current Phone Model:
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState

• Like Like x 1
  3. Preach2k

Preach2k Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,021
    Current Phone Model:
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState
  4. Preach2k

Preach2k Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,021
    Current Phone Model:
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState
  5. Preach2k

Preach2k Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,021
    Current Phone Model:
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState
  6. bkdodger

bkdodger Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,562
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Did anyone watch the event? I was too busy at work and I have some catching up to do.

7. Preach2k

Preach2k Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,021
    Current Phone Model:
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState
    Yes I did. I am sticking with my note 9. There was some good things but nothing to make me want to give up my Note 9. Lets see what the Google Pixel 4 brings.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

8. Preach2k

Preach2k Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,021
    Current Phone Model:
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState
    Yes I did. I am sticking with my note 9. There was some good things but nothing to make me want to give up my Note 9. Lets see what the Google Pixel 4 brings.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. bkdodger

bkdodger Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,562
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Yes sir.. I'm there with ya... no complaints nice to see options

S10+ Tapatalk

10. zinethar

zinethar Senior Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    How quickly Samsung forgets. Remember the Note 5 debacle? Outrage due to removing expanded storage, battery non-replaceable. Battery issue was never changed but sure would have helped them for the Note 7 haha. Back to no expanded storage for most affordable version. Will hear who needs more storage...The more storage provided the larger programs become to fill it up! No headphone jack. More Apple like. So I need to go out and buy more expensive things to use their phone. Oh wait there is a dongle! Yet so on those long trips I can't charge the phone while listening to anything on it. OK I get it - I need to change. Or do what I plan on doing. Keep my Note 8. Eventually I guess I will need to change to keep he S-pen which I use a bit. Or change brands to get what I want. Sad.

• Like Like x 1
  11. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,188
    Curved screen, yuk. Soon we will approach tablet size 7" screens, no wonder they want folding phones. The pockets are too small!

• Like Like x 1
  12. EyeOWA

EyeOWA Senior Member

Ratings:
    +137
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    Ordered my 10+through Samsung. Got a $200 credit for accessories, so opted for the galaxy buds and battery pack, plus a case. Have Note 8, but ready to move on. Will be cheaper than what I'm paying now.

• Like Like x 1