Watch alternative

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen an Android watch yet that appealed to me as a replacement to the traditional watch I wear. But I was looking for something that would primarily track my sleep. I found a device that can do what I needed/wanted. It's called a Misfit Shine.

Probably a device most people never heard of but Misfit had quite a few fitness trackers. What attracted me to this particular device? 4-5 months on a battery, (no regular charging), never need to take it off and could even swim with it on. It tracks my sleep, (restful, fitful, total), calories, steps distance etc. And all without me having to do anything. (It senses sleep automatically). All I need to do is sync it to my phone whenever, (it stores up to a week of info). And if you double tap it it will actually tell you the time using lights as it doesn't have an actual watch face. Best of all it's only $58

I wonder who else is using a non traditional fitness device and what you think of them..

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
my wife has gone from a pedometer to a Fit Bit. Her work has a program for fitness stuff and her pedometer would sync to a cloud based program that rewarded, financially, for reaching certain goals. They switched over to Fit Bit to do it so she can keep her info on her iPhone now as well as syncing to that work program. She charges it on her desktop at work every day so I don't know what the battery life is like.
My first smartwatch was purchased solely for the fitness tracking part, its battery lasting 4-5 days between charges. It got me off the sofa and started a trend of healthier eating as well as added exercise so I'm all for them.
I see quite a few fitness bands of various design throughout the day when out in public so though not as mainstream as smartphones it is noticeable.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
UP24 is one I have and use at times.. But since the Moto 360 I've put in on the side.. I do like the battery life on it.. 4 months on battery wow that's great Lee..

S6E+ tapatalk