Wasn't Motorola supposed to be on top of this stuff? BTW, where is our Q1 update?

StingRay

Reaction score
I get the feeling that Motorola has forgotten that they ever even made a Droid Pro.....no updates from mods on the Motorola forums and no fix yet for the exchange email push sync bug....

Sent from my GTab using Tapatalk

OP
A

andy'sfriend

Reaction score
Agreed. I really do like the phone but the lack of 1) support from Motorola, and 2) the small user base scuttling the development of custom ROM's etc has been disappointing to say the least.

C'est la vie.

r3j2

Reaction score
Yeah, I am loving the form factor, but I really want a new rom. I am really disappointed in motoblur.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

hotkoko

Reaction score
Guys who cares. Its a cell phone. I love my Droid but really now, how many updates do you really need? Its a cell phone. Jeez

Sent from my DROID PRO

OP
A

andy'sfriend

Reaction score
I don't think we're asking too much.

An update to actually fix the craptastic exchange sync or maybe an update that did a bit to fix the fact that the battery life is a joke doesn't seem that over the top.

Not to mention that Motorola specifically said that an update for the phone would be out in Q1 fixing the encryption issues (this matters for those of us in corporations).

And it's not just a "cell phone," it's supposed to be smartphone that does things like, shocker, deliver email reliably!

:)

hotkoko

Reaction score
I don't have or have ever had any problems with me e mail. They push and zinc just fine. And yes I've already had two updates on my pro

Sent from my DROID PRO

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't have or have ever had any problems with me e mail. They push and zinc just fine. And yes I've already had two updates on my pro

Sent from my DROID PRO

Certainly not corporate exchange email then.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

StingRay

Reaction score
Guys who cares. Its a cell phone. I love my Droid but really now, how many updates do you really need? Its a cell phone. Jeez

Sent from my DROID PRO

Seriously?! If you rely on your phone for exchange (business) email like a lot of us do, you need for your phone to sync exchange email correctly. If you don't use your phone for business I don't know why you purchased a Pro in the first place...Jeez...

Motorola advertised this as a business-ready device and then slapped all of the Motoblur bulls%$#t on it and screwed up the exchange syncing....

StingRay

Reaction score
Congratulations then..

There's a 53 page thread over on the Motorola Support forums that documents everyone's problems with exchange email on the Droid Pro and Droid 2 Global...

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

gsu_golfer

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID PRO

Seriously?! If you rely on your phone for exchange (business) email like a lot of us do, you need for your phone to sync exchange email correctly. If you don't use your phone for business I don't know why you purchased a Pro in the first place...Jeez...

Motorola advertised this as a business-ready device and then slapped all of the Motoblur bulls%$#t on it and screwed up the exchange syncing....

A PRO really offers nothing for business users that isn't offered by any other Android phone.

I bought mine because of the physical keyboard. Since Exchange isn't reliable, I use a third party app for my work email.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
I hope that's fake and that VZW really doesn't suck THAT BAD at proofreading press releases.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have to understand, the Pro was designed to attract Blackberry lovers. So to keep it in that "Blackberry" mode of thinking, there will be promises broken and updates infrequently.dancedroid