washupppp

alboboy10

Reaction score
Just joined the forum, just got the phone...cereal killer told me to join so I did...Prepare for a storm (not the BB, I got rid of that thing) a storm of questions about the Droid cause I am NEW to this world.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Ahh cool welcome aboard alboboy.....

glad you came on over here.

Had to laugh at your intro "Prepare for a storm (not the BB, I got rid of that thing) a storm of questions about the Droid cause I am NEW to this world."

LOL

Enjoy the forums.....

Diordna

Reaction score
Welcome! And I'm getting my DROID Monday! And I'll be in the same boat as you because I think I'm going to be really confused.
But this site is amazing for getting info as well as any questions you have you can search up on this site and most likely it has been answered.

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
Where would we be without forums? They bring the world together. lol

as weird as it is it's one of the few places where people are helpful so thanks for letting me know about the forum!

An-droid, you gonna like it...a LOT...I killed half of my battery in the past 3-4 hours. I spent about 10 minutes looking at stars with this cool app lol

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
Is it just me, I asked in the other forum as well, but the phone vibrates on the screen where I swipe the slider to the left. I don't want it to vibrate I took the heptic feedback off. Or does that only affect the little buttons on the bottom?

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
I also wanna buy beautiful widgets, how safe is it to use a credit card there? I wish they did pay pal!

NickWgnr

Reaction score
So far I've only heard of 1 credit card problem but that was with an app from the UK. So far all the US ones haven't seemed to have a problem. But regardless I wouldn't worry about it too much because credit cards have fraud protection on them so you will get your money back. Just be smart and look at your statements.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

souljerr

Reaction score
I also wanna buy beautiful widgets, how safe is it to use a credit card there? I wish they did pay pal!
I bought Beautiful Widgets and didn't have a problem. Yes I did check my credit card statement to be sure. Matter of fact, this is the only app that I've bought. I think there are several hundred people here who would vouch for it.

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
Thank you, got it :) it's pretty cool I like it.

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
Yep I already started!

Btw, for texts does anyone know..if you leave vibration off, and if you put the phone on vibrate why won't the phone vibrate when you get a text? It seems weird, when I did put vibration on it vibrated like twice on a row. I wish I could modify that.

So far though I'm loving the phone, I was using google sky map...like a little kid amazed by the sky haha

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
Also, I posted this in the other forum, when I go to facebook and try to retrieve notifications it says "601/parse error: unexpected '-' at position 57"

I see other people are having this same problem.