Silver Member
Reaction score
Discussion on Insurance Fraud is not tolerated on Droid Forums on any level -

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try and fix it first if it doesn't work file an insurance claim and tell them it fell in water. Best of luck with the fix. :)
I agree with tp76 don't commit insurance fraud. And what are you going to do with a busted phone anyway? One suggestion, trash.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

jloya

Reaction score
Check out rootzwiki for the sbf, you should be able to grab it and revive your x

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
jen7724

jen7724

Reaction score
UPDATE: I am having the worst luck ever trying to revive this phone! On Sunday I devoted part of my day to attempt to fix it and downloaded a computer virus when I clicked on a link to download the sbf from a website that many of us use often.

It totally took over my whole system, rebooted my laptop and wouldn't load windows, etc. My computer was fried for 1/2 the day! So instead of fixing my phone I now had to fix my laptop! I got rid of the virus (I hope), no problems since then at least. I will try the rootzwiki version since they are a trusted site and hopefully I don't get another Trojan virus. Eek!

anuraj1

Reaction score

Filing an insurance claim on a water damaged phone isn't insurance fraud in any way, shape or form.

Assurion's policy terms:

Asurion's (VZW partner) policy covers everything from theft to damage.
Any doing that renders the phone unusable is covered. For a $50
deductible ($90 for tier 2 devices) you will receive a replacement.

rcjames

Reaction score
UPDATE: I am having the worst luck ever trying to revive this phone! On Sunday I devoted part of my day to attempt to fix it and downloaded a computer virus when I clicked on a link to download the sbf from a website that many of us use often.

It totally took over my whole system, rebooted my laptop and wouldn't load windows, etc. My computer was fried for 1/2 the day! So instead of fixing my phone I now had to fix my laptop! I got rid of the virus (I hope), no problems since then at least. I will try the rootzwiki version since they are a trusted site and hopefully I don't get another Trojan virus. Eek!

Hello was it megaupload some crap like that? I also got a huge Trojan from these website downloading stuff for my droid x like theme and rom. And well it friezed my computer, i did a reboot and it would load up then freeze. Also had trouble in safe mode. I recommend you downloading malwarebytes anti-malware also use lava soft ad ware I had avast and it did block some but it couldn't block anymore but now i have mcafee and deleted other 4 trojan. Total i musted had close to 10. Stay away from megaupload!!!!. Musted been a affected ad it executed a code and bam created couple trojan attaking my computer. It's all good now. Luckily i had linux on same computer that saved me for the time being without window 7. Microsoft sucks Viva android and linux.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Filing an insurance claim on a water damaged phone isn't insurance fraud in any way, shape or form.

Assurion's policy terms:

Asurion's (VZW partner) policy covers everything from theft to damage.
Any doing that renders the phone unusable is covered. For a $50
deductible ($90 for tier 2 devices) you will receive a replacement.

The question about insurance fraud was that another member suggested that it be filed as lost/stolen not water damage, as to keep the phone to tinker with. Do Not I repeat Do Not do that, That Is Insurance Fraud. A Water damage claim is not. Discussion on fraud is not tolerated in the forums on any level, as stated by our friendly mod tp76.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

OP
jen7724

jen7724

Reaction score
It was megaupload! I was so mad! My anti virus came up after I clicked the file to download and said I had a virus. Basically after it rebooted my computer I went into task manager and deleted sys32 and then ran a command prompt to load windows and used malwarebytes and then did a virus scan. Luckily all that somehow worked.

After all of that I filed an insurance claim on my phone and gave up trying to fix the one I washed. I now have a nice new shiny DX that I am going to be rooting again, possibly today. Luckily the SBF is out now so I don't have to go fishing around for possibly unsafe copies if I somehow mess up my new phone.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score

Make sure to read the posts before a Moderating/Administrative comment to get the whole story - this is what I was referring to, it is insurance fraud, and will not be allowed for discussion
And if you end up filing a claim, just claim it as lost/stolen so you can keep it to tinker around with it.

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

rcjames

Reaction score
It was megaupload! I was so mad! My anti virus came up after I clicked the file to download and said I had a virus. Basically after it rebooted my computer I went into task manager and deleted sys32 and then ran a command prompt to load windows and used malwarebytes and then did a virus scan. Luckily all that somehow worked.

After all of that I filed an insurance claim on my phone and gave up trying to fix the one I washed. I now have a nice new shiny DX that I am going to be rooting again, possibly today. Luckily the SBF is out now so I don't have to go fishing around for possibly unsafe copies if I somehow mess up my new phone.

Download my security tools its free. Download Free Security Tools.rar Scan for malware, trojan except virus but you can use antivirus program also my security tools scan for adware and spyware. Use it this is what i used to clean my pc from that stupid megaupload ads which contain trojan also not just virus. I got atleast a bit close to 10 trojans from the ads.

Last edited: