Was it a system upgrade?

cutiedroid

Reaction score
When I got up this morning I noticed my screen was on even tho I know I always turn it off before going to bed. Also I know there was a reset because the Weather Channel temperature wasn't on the notification bar. So I looked under the About tab in settings and didn't notice anything new. Since the charger was plugged in was this just a garden variety power out situation or was it Verizon?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
As far as I know, a system update in Android is impossible to perform without your consent.

Natey2

Reaction score
When I got up this morning I noticed my screen was on even tho I know I always turn it off before going to bed. Also I know there was a reset because the Weather Channel temperature wasn't on the notification bar. So I looked under the About tab in settings and didn't notice anything new. Since the charger was plugged in was this just a garden variety power out situation or was it Verizon?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Maybe your phone rebooted in the middle of the night. Many Android phones do. :(

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

Natey2

Reaction score
As far as I know, a system update in Android is impossible to perform without your consent.

I received the Android 2.2 update last year, without my explicit consent.
I woke up one morning and found my phone had been upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2, while not connected to the charger. Good thing it didn't run out of power during the upgrade.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app