Warrenty Question...

phoenixus

Reaction score
Hey guys, just needed some quick tips. I rooted my phones a few months ago just to remove bloatware (didn't install any recoveries or any mods). In preparation for the new OTA, I restored the bloatware and removed my root access using the supersu app from the market (the app with the option to permanently remove root).

This appeared to work as I no longer have the superuser app in my app drawer. I then found out Pete's tool could remove root even if you rooted with motofail so I ran that just in case, but it failed because it couldn't find files.

This morning of course, my headphone jack broke. No lint is in there, no headphones or cables work. I'm still in warranty so I was going to go to Verizon. Is there anything else I need to do to make sure all traces of root were removed? Is there anywhere I can check in the file system to see if some files remain?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You would need root to view the files in your /system. Download root checker from the Play Store. Run it. If there's root it will detect it.

OP
P

phoenixus

Reaction score
Thanks. Ran root checker, it detected no root. Nice app!