Warranty with Z4 root?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Branski81, May 14, 2011.

1. Branski81

Branski81 New Member

Okay, so I have had my DroidX for about five, six months now and I recently installed z4 root off of the android market, it might actually be applanet, no clue. but i installed it and it gave me two options, temporary root, or permanent (until reverted back to factory settings), permanent which i chose. now i have insurance and my warranty is still in effect, but not currently because of my phones root. If i go to the Z4 app, there is two more settings, redo the root and uninstall the root. If i take off the root and uninstall it, will my warranty go back into effect or be able to use my insurance? i haven't broke my phone.. but i'm sixteen. i'm worried about my phone becomming scheisse and then i can't go return it to them because i have it rooted. just need some help guys, also, i havent seen all the features of a root, does someone want to show me what you can do with it and what and most importantly HOW (some people give crappy directions) to do it?

Thanks for reading this message and i hope you can help me.
  2. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

I suggest you look into how to flash an SBF file, they are the foolproof way of guaranting that your phone is back to normal and unrooted.

As long as "they" don't see any signs of root, your warranty is intact!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. Branski81

Branski81 New Member

I appreciate it greatly, its been holding me off from doing anything on my Droid. Thanks bud!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
does z4root effect warranty

droid charge temporary root

temp root warranty
temporary root and warranty
temporary root cancel warranty
will z4 root cancel my warranty?