Warranty replacement

slowtype

Reaction score
I received a replacment d2 in the mail today but the keyboard is messed up. The keys are flat and not slightly risen like my current droid 2. Its as if the keyboard cover is not glued down.

Any advice before I go to my store to try to resolve this?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score
I believe thats just a manufacturing difference, the D1's had the same differences, some had slightly raised buttons and some did not. I dont know/doubt that Verizon would do anything about it.

_Killer_

Reaction score
You can always just call and let CSR know the device isn't satisfactory.. they'll send another.. it's a pain to go through phones like that.. but you may have to... I got quite a few unsatisfactory d1's.. they finally upgraded me to a d2 which i thought was great.. but i'm finding little things about it that aren't satisfactory either... a piece of my backing isn't flush with the rest of the phone.. part of the outer trim is loose and actually squeaks when you touch it.. vibrate sounds like there is something loose inside..

OP
S

slowtype

Reaction score
Is the next one I get going to be any better?

xmguy

Reaction score

I'm the same as the poster before you. I too have a Droid 1. I went through 3 Droid 1's with misc issues. VZW then decided to upgrade me to the Droid 2. Still a FRU. BIG mistake. The 3 I've gotten so far.
1 was used by another customer, had skin flakes on the phone on the back. 2nd had a loose screen and clicked down on the keyboard when using the touch screen or calling someone with the ear piece. Very annoying. 3rd one was the same as the second. I'm now getting a 4th Droid 2 FRU coming tomorrow (sat delivery, free). Hoping and praying it's ok.

OP
S

slowtype

Reaction score
this doesn't sound very promising.

The keyboard is pretty bad, there is very little to distinguish one key from another and little feedback from pressing the keys.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
I believe the keyboard is like that because it is brand new. I just got a new D2 for another line on my account, first thing I noticed when I first used the keyboard. The buttons will "rise" after you break it in some.

_Killer_

Reaction score

From what i've gathered.. its REALLY hit or miss.. i've been debating trying to get another d2 refurb but i kind of doubt it'll be much better.. I mean it's awesome that they upgraded me.. and i truly appreciate it.. I over looked the flaws (or didn't notice them) in excitement of a new device.. but after roughly a month i'm really noticing all the small things that are bothering me lately..

OP
S

slowtype

Reaction score
I ordered a second unit and it has the same dissapointing keyboard.

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
dang guys you have bad luck with droids! I bought a new one 2 weeks ago and its in perfect condition.

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
It sounds like these refurbished phones aren't being properly inspected.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
If you go in the store and raise he'll enough they will give you 1 out of a new box....found that out on my sec one myself

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you go in the store and raise he'll enough they will give you 1 out of a new box....found that out on my sec one myself

Not necessarily. Maybe your store did, that's no guarantee another store will.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Yea u got a point but after 4 I think I would give it a shot 4sure