warranty replacement

thomas.rolfson

Reaction score
Hi all,

to make a long story short, my 2.2 OTA update didn't take, so i tried a manual install, which also didn't take, and froze my phone. i had to do a factory wipe, which caused it to lose any cell service. Verizon is sending my a warranty replacement phone for this and another reason (random restarts for the last few months). My question: Will the replacement phone have 2.2 pre-installed, or am I going to be stuck sitting here again wondering when/how i can update my phone? anyone with experience in this issue, i would greatly appreciate some feedback.

also, what does vzw mean when they say the phone will be "like new?" this is my second replacement for my droid, and the first replacement looked exactly as it was described, "like" new. are these just returned phones that never got used, or are they refurbished and polished up?

TR

tomlist704

Reaction score
Refurbished is fine, but check the phone over first and make sure. If it comes with 2.1 bring it into Verizon and make them get it loaded on there. My daughters phone was screwed my the upgrade but they were able to add the install after wiping everything, such crap, but that Verizon.

icebluemale30

Reaction score
Hi all,

to make a long story short, my 2.2 OTA update didn't take, so i tried a manual install, which also didn't take, and froze my phone. i had to do a factory wipe, which caused it to lose any cell service. Verizon is sending my a warranty replacement phone for this and another reason (random restarts for the last few months). My question: Will the replacement phone have 2.2 pre-installed, or am I going to be stuck sitting here again wondering when/how i can update my phone? anyone with experience in this issue, i would greatly appreciate some feedback.

also, what does vzw mean when they say the phone will be "like new?" this is my second replacement for my droid, and the first replacement looked exactly as it was described, "like" new. are these just returned phones that never got used, or are they refurbished and polished up?

TR
If you get back the same phone you will be getting a refurbished like new(no scratches) droid that will come with 2.1-update loaded on it but if you want to root just do the OTA to 2.2 then there are many options to choose from like easy root or the sbf to root method either way it will be like a new phone(hopefully) so good luck and check out the ways to do this while you wait for your new phone!

How do i know .......i just did it about three weeks ago !
and modified the new phone and all works great !!! dancedroid

OP
T

thomas.rolfson

Reaction score
Well, I got the replacement phone today, and it has 2.2 on it already. Thankfully my update saga is complete.

Off to play with my droid again...

TR