Warranty question

destin246

Reaction score
I got a replacement droid 2 by verizon but they sent two replacements so I sent the one that was not working right back and activated one of the two they sent me now I jus have an extra replacement not sure what to do can I get charged for it or should I just send it back or what? Help is appreciated

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Khiraji

Reaction score
0_o they sent you two replacements?

That's weird. Never heard of that happening before... I'd keep whichever one is in better shape, and send the other back. D2s are expensive little buggers and I wouldn't put it past VZW at all to charge you. It'd be a dick move on their part, but still I wouldn't rule it out entirely.

OP
D

destin246

Reaction score
Yea they sent two but I haven't activated the other one yet thinking I should tho cause this is a lil scratched up around the metal edge from using a otterbox(thought they was suppose to prevent scratches) but my step dad is lazy and when I tell hime about it he says he's going to call verizon and never does

OP
D

destin246

Reaction score
They sent one for my replacement but a week later I got another one.. and they said they were sendin d2g's but sent regular d2's not complaining tho d2g doesn't have good dev support

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's crazy haha. That's a tough one. Half of me says keep it for a rainy day and/or sell it, and the other half says send it back. Its the honest responsible thing to do. At least call them and let them know. Who knows, they may say "meh, keep it". Haha

Droid 2 zombiestomped v1.71

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If they sent you two you might want to send the other back. They will charge you full retail for it if you don't.

sent from droidforums app

OP
D

destin246

Reaction score
I highly doubt that they would tell me to keep it lol

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Send it back. Verizon will realize that a mistake was made and charge you for the second phone. But make sure you keep the better of the two for your self.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well to keep from seeing a 600 additional charge call cs and get clarification.

OP
D

destin246

Reaction score
That's crazy haha. That's a tough one. Half of me says keep it for a rainy day and/or sell it, and the other half says send it back. Its the honest responsible thing to do. At least call them and let them know. Who knows, they may say "meh, keep it". Haha

Think I'm just going to send it back by the way how do you like zombiestomped? I thought about flashing that cause I'm still running the leaked gb but decided not to is it better than liberty?

OP
D

destin246

Reaction score
Well to keep from seeing a 600 additional charge call cs and get clarification.

What is cs? What is their number?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

Think I'm just going to send it back by the way how do you like zombiestomped? I thought about flashing that cause I'm still running the leaked gb but decided not to is it better than liberty?

I jump around from apex to liberty to zombiestomped. Im in a blur mood so i flashed zs. I like it. It comes with the imoseyon tweak standard and a nice clean white blur vibe minus the bloatware. I have backups of all 3 roms so it's easy to bounce around. I'm gonna try cm sometime soon. Just not in the mood to sbf

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I would wait for a few weeks and see what happens. Normally you have 5-7 days to send back a warranty device. If you do not receive any correspondence from Verizon asking for the phone back, keep it. Normally after 5 days you will receive a text message, email, phone call, or letter reminding you to send the device back. Considering you got a regular D2 instead of a D2G like you were supposed too, I think whichever CS dept handled your warranty was having some issues with staff.

Wait it out, if you don't hear anything in 2-3 weeks, keep it. If they try to charge you for it, just return it and play dumb lol

OP
D

destin246

Reaction score
I would wait for a few weeks and see what happens. Normally you have 5-7 days to send back a warranty device. If you do not receive any correspondence from Verizon asking for the phone back, keep it. Normally after 5 days you will receive a text message, email, phone call, or letter reminding you to send the device back. Considering you got a regular D2 instead of a D2G like you were supposed too, I think whichever CS dept handled your warranty was having some issues with staff.

Wait it out, if you don't hear anything in 2-3 weeks, keep it. If they try to charge you for it, just return it and play dumb lol

Its been about 2 and a half months and I've heard no word from them nor have they tryed to charge for it. So I have the one I'm using now when I activate the other one will my old one have a clean esn?