Warranty question.

jdshort2010

Reaction score
I wouldn't try to beat the system that way. They WILL notice and they WILL send you a bill. I promise. IF you left the phone with them at the store then that might be a different story. But you won't be able to prove that it "broke" in transit, and even if you could provide some type of evidence that would slightly substantiate that claim, they're going to be all over that too. And my fear for you is, once they bill you there is no turning back. Don't give yourself more trouble than its worth. I am sure you aren't the first person to try this :)

cloudman7

Reaction score
I have insurance on my thunderbolt shut the trunk on the screen cracked it it still works fine called the insurance and reported it lost all I had to pay was the detectable which was 100 and they sent me a brand new thunderbolt not refurbished. The thing is since this is a sim card phone they can't put a lock on it my wife is using it all she had to do is go to the store and get them to put her number on a sim card cause she had a x.

Sent from my using DroidForums

jdshort2010

Reaction score
I have insurance on my thunderbolt shut the trunk on the screen cracked it it still works fine called the insurance and reported it lost all I had to pay was the detectable which was 100 and they sent me a brand new thunderbolt not refurbished. The thing is since this is a sim card phone they can't put a lock on it my wife is using it all she had to do is go to the store and get them to put her number on a sim card cause she had a x.

Sent from my using DroidForums

+1. That is awesome. lol

webspinner

Reaction score
Buy New Parts & Install Them Yourself

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and I registered just to add my two cents to this thread.

Okay, so I have a Droid X (mine), and two original Droids on my account. Two of the droids (both time my wife), have gone for a swim in the toilet. One, has had a cracked screen (again, my wife).

Luckily, my wife had the good sense to dig into the toilet and get it out within a second or two, tear off her silicon case (they are hard to get off on the droid), and get the battery and SD card out. First time it happened lets just say you would ONLY put your hand in the toilet if you had to save a $600 device :-D.

Okay, so first time stickers were actually only partly activated. However, both times phones went swimming I stripped them down to where I had 20 pieces lying all over the counter (wearing rubber gloves due to toilet), and then cleaned every piece with an alcohol solution. I was even able to make stickers look decent. Then, after a couple of days of drying the phones with that silicon desiccant stuff each time I carefully put them back together and fired them up. Phones perform flawlessly to this day.

Oh, I forgot. In the tear down, the first time I broke a piece of plastic (stupid droid is held together with glue). So, I ordered replacement pieces off of Ebay or something. The next time, I used a blow dryer to warm these pieces so they came off easier.

Then, when my camera cover broke I just replaced that with a replacement part off of Ebay.

My whole point for anyone else reading this thread . . . from this way too long of post . . . instead of having to buy a whole new phone for a cracked camera screen or something similar . . . just take a little time, buy replacement parts and then you don't have worries.

Anyway, the point of this post isn't to screw Verizon or other carrier . . . though some will still say this is . . . (I kept water damaged phones even though I do know how to get replacement stickers - I just wanted them to work). With a little thing like a camera screen just replace it. :)