Warranty Coverage

Iggy08

Reaction score
I've had my HTC Rezound for about 5 months now and I've noticed a couple things going wrong with the phone and accessories. The phone has been acting up a little with data connection, but I don't want to get a factory replacement so I'm hoping ICS will fix that (whenever it comes around). But my charger tip bends sideways and will stop charging unless pushed back into place, my headphones paint has chipped off considerably and has been covered in glue off the pouch for it, and my micro sd card is randomly deleting my data (thank God for Google+ automatic backup). My question is, does the one year warranty coverage these things, if just some then what would it cover, and how would I go about getting these replaced?

P.S. The lack of ICS and these problems are making me want to switch to a different phone, but I don't wanna ditch HTC

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Iggy08 said:
I've had my HTC Rezound for about 5 months now and I've noticed a couple things going wrong with the phone and accessories. The phone has been acting up a little with data connection, but I don't want to get a factory replacement so I'm hoping ICS will fix that (whenever it comes around). But my charger tip bends sideways and will stop charging unless pushed back into place, my headphones paint has chipped off considerably and has been covered in glue off the pouch for it, and my micro sd card is randomly deleting my data (thank God for Google+ automatic backup). My question is, does the one year warranty coverage these things, if just some then what would it cover, and how would I go about getting these replaced?

P.S. The lack of ICS and these problems are making me want to switch to a different phone, but I don't wanna ditch HTC

ICS may fix your data problems. I don't think your charger cord is covered under warranty. The same goes for your headphones. As for your SD card, it may be a bad card or maybe a bad slot. Buy a bigger card and try it. If it works.. great. If that doesn't solve your problems then THAT may be a warranty issue. And then you'll have a bigger card for your new phone.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Last edited:
OP
Iggy08

Iggy08

Reaction score
Well I went to my local Verizon store and talked to an employee there about my issues. First off, the data connection is due to the "LTE expansion" going on, not sure how true that actually is or if it's just a rehearsed line. They will replace my charger as long as they determine it's a factory issue, not a user error. For the memory card, he said to use a different memory card to find out whether it's the phone itself that needs to be replaced or the memory card. I did not ask anything regarding the headphones unfortunately.

So basically, as long as they determine the accessories (charger and memory card at least) were defective and not damaged by the user, they will replace these items as well.