Warranty claim

Phaze08

Reaction score
So this friend of mine keeps telling me to do a warranty claim on my phone..its running very hot and uses alot of battery. I'm running sapphire 2.02 stock kernal. It just started this. If I did a claim on a d1, how likely would be to get another phone? Because right after I got this they stopped selling it. And yes, its been less than a year. :p

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

LaxzBro

Reaction score
That's taking advantage of Motorola. That's immoral. You're the reason for locked bootloaders. Run it on stock for a while and see if its the rom

Lax bro, closet geek

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
I'm just curious, chill. I love this phone and would be perfectly happy with another just like it. I'm not going to claim yet, going to try a few things first.

Edit: this is a discussion forum, after all. :D

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I'm 95% you will get a replacement, and since they dnt have the d1 any more u will get a D2 for sure, I already had both my D1s for D2s.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
What are rom choices like on the d2?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you did that it would be fraud. Once you root the warranty is violated, after tha knowingly claiming it would be wrong. But just so you know, this will most likely be fixed if you change he kernel. Overheating is a side effect i had while trying out a random kernel. If u want to complely rid yourself of it for sure then rsdlite it back to stock with root again and go back o a rom that didnt do this. or jus switch kernael back but flashing will fix. :) I really did have this issue. ANd as for the this is a discussion forum comment, well yes but we dont go against tos. And tos says fraud is bad, thus no talking about fraud. :icon_eek:

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
Ok, I didn't make this post to get flamed for, or discuss supposed fraud. Its just, a few times I've done insurance claims and the agent has given me a choice between two or more phones. If, it comes to that, I want to be educated.

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
So what's the general opinion of the d2?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, I didn't make this post to get flamed for, or discuss supposed fraud. Its just, a few times I've done insurance claims and the agent has given me a choice between two or more phones. If, it comes to that, I want to be educated.

I really don't think i flamed their, Sorry if that was misinterpreted. If you continue on that side of the conversation though this thread will most likely be locked... Lets fix your phone so the you wont have to make a claim. The kernel is the problem. What you have said in your post is that you installed a custom rom and its overheating your phone and now you want to make a claim.... Which will otally get this tread locked if we continue talking about it. Its against the rules... No flaming, stating....

Last edited:
OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
Hmmm, it might be but no one else running this rom has this problem. Ill check.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, it might be but no one else running this rom has this problem. Ill check.

Some phones react differently then others. Mine can act differently then your. What rom did you have before your current? Or were you stock before?

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
I had d1-miui before with stock kernel.

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
Ill see what I can do.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
* edited post above with link. sorry for typos btw, my moms laptop has bad keyboard.