*WARning* O/C @1000Mhz+

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1Lover

Reaction score
I don' think this has anything to do with being overclocked... rather a conflict of apps.

VitsDroid

Reaction score
I use the fail safe profile to > 40.0 C to go to 600max and 250min. I run my droid at 1000, have not had any issues.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don' think this has anything to do with being overclocked... rather a conflict of apps.

I don't think it was software related. My best guess is that he had an internal short in his battery and the charger just kept pouring the juice to it.

kristoff125

Reaction score
I think we have a Breakfast/Lunch Logic going on here. My Grand Dad had a saying, "Just because Lunch comes after Breakfast everyday, does not mean Breakfast is caused by Lunch".

I think you are linking two events that may not have anything in common. There have been several phones fail with exactly the same symptoms as yours while charging and they were stock phones. The failure is related to a charging event and not to an overclock event.

Exactly. I've been overclocked since the day it became possible and am now running at 1.2ghz. There would have been other cases of this happening if it was related to overclocking.

Not entirely true. Look guys, I'm not saying unroot and head for the hills, I'm only stating what happened to me, with the facts i know, take it as you will. I was only attempting to warm you guys, thats all....

Considering the facts, I'll make sure not to put my phone in some type of insulation that stores and therefore increases the heat when it's charging, since charging by nature causes a nice bit of heat.

zakany

Reaction score
Keep in mind that not everyone's phone can run at 1 Ghz or better. Everyone's phone can run at 550 Mhz.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Don't say i didn't warn you though. $89 for a replacement isn't a lot of money, but that's $89 i could have used on something else...
So, instead of taking responsibilities for your actions, you ripped off the insurance company. Nice.:dry:

Insurance is for self inflicted damage as well. He pays the monthly premium and deductible. Don't act all upset because he is using it as it was designed.

Newton122189

Reaction score
I use the fail safe profile to > 40.0 C to go to 600max and 250min. I run my droid at 1000, have not had any issues.

Exactly, this problem was completely user related, please don't warn people agianst something that was preventable by using setcpu profiles, that's just not fair to 1200MHz clock speed, your making it look bad, it didnt do anything wrong :)

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
<Devil's Advocate>

What if SetCPU fails? It is software, after all.

</Devil's Advocate>

cisco0910

Reaction score
I posted this on another thread but no reply maybe ill get one here. Isn't the charging profile useless if you have the failsafe profile enabled? I useless if you have the failsafe profile enabled? I mean purpose of having the charging one on is so it wont overheat. Also the failsafe profile has priority over the charging one. Am I correct here so I can enable my charging profile or am I missing something? so I can enable my charging profile or am I missing something?

kristoff125

Reaction score
Don't say i didn't warn you though. $89 for a replacement isn't a lot of money, but that's $89 i could have used on something else...
So, instead of taking responsibilities for your actions, you ripped off the insurance company. Nice.:dry:

Insurance is for self inflicted damage as well. He pays the monthly premium and deductible. Don't act all upset because he is using it as it was designed.

Rip Off Insurance? So we can't do to them what they do to us?

kristoff125

Reaction score
I'd say "Lost" but I know where it is but it's not accessible, like in the bottom of a lake.
which is one of the options.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Why?

Last two times I called Asurion I told them I broke my phone. Its a non issue.

kristoff125

Reaction score
You just go online and file, hassle free, no questions.
They don't care, they get more than enough money from all of us who don't break our phones to pay for your phone and still cut an unhealthy profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.