WARNING! Google wallet issue

Hugg727

Reaction score
Which is illegal...They cited a bogus security issue as the reason, instead of just releasing with the phone.

I apologize for asking this but I haven't been on DF too much in the past month or so....So the hacked GW works fine on a rooted GN???

prowler85

Reaction score
I apologize for asking this but I haven't been on DF too much in the past month or so....So the hacked GW works fine on a rooted GN???

Not even sure it has to be rooted. But yes, it works just fine. I've used it a few times. Would be more if stinkin Jack in the Box would keep their paypass up and running.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah, it definitely works. Personally, I refrained from using it until I found a rom that included it just to be safe from the secure element error. Now, most roms include it, so at least you know you're safe as long as you reset it before switching roms.

GoBears

Reaction score
I read somewhere that before you wipe data/flash new rom to go into GW and reset all settings from WITHIN the app first to avoid any secure element error. I've been a flashomaniac the past few weeks and have had zero problems with GW. Figured I'd mention it.

Reaction score
I talked to a Verizon rep who told me the reason that Google Wallet had been disabled was because Verizon is working on their own App that will essentially do the same thing, which would make Verizon potentially millions of dollars a year.

yep, it's called ISIS. VZW is working with tmobile and several credit card companies on it.

jerroedr

Reaction score
what is "secure elemnents" and what does the error mean

Reaction score
so whats the word with GW being obtained from the market through some trickery? if there is still a security risk and NFC loss why would they add GW to the market and let people download it? Does this mean we are in the clear and may proceed to install/uninstall at will? also any news if 4.0.4 has eliminated the NFC cripple worry? I never understood what the cause was of the NFC lockout was. Please forgive me if I sound like an idiot. I just wanted to get some up to date discussion going on so I may learn what the risk is regarding GW and NFC failure.

pabowhunter

Reaction score
I'm using a stock out of the box Nexus installed GW from the XDA site and working flawlessly, no error message or hick ups of any kind... I burnt through my free 10 beans @ McDonald's after 5 trips.. Yes 5, I order off the dollar menu, and the kids there say, " There's the guy who pays for his food with his phone, you guys got to see this its awesome " I'm also pretty sure I sold 3 Nexus because people in line were amazed and wanted to know what phone I had and where they could get one... Funny stuff here: Had one old guy say his Jitter bug phone could do that... Then watched him try it... LMAO. Back to topic: I have not loaded any money on it yet, but also decided to put 10.00 a shot on in case of it going south... Yeah it sounds like a pain but the wow factor from people is priceless.. as was the Jitter bug situation..