[WARNING: DO NOT ORDER] The 'My Tablet 7' from Xtex Officially Outed for $149.99

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I just asked the CSR and he said no all you have to do install superuser and your good to go bootloader isn't locked and it doesn't void the warranty, he said the company embraces TRUE openess, i was like sweet

Sweetness :yeahbaby01:

kl0wn

Reaction score
Guess I'll have to wait for some people to get their hands on this, and then see if it gets any dev love. If so, I will probably buy one, because of that cheap price.

astokes

Reaction score
I assume thats a single core cpu? anyone know more details about cpu manufacturer and type?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
We ordered a couple of units and we'll post a review asap.We'll also have a surprise. :biggrin:

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We ordered a couple of units and we'll post a review asap.We'll also have a surprise. :biggrin:

Where are you guys ordering them from?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

thechiefa

Reaction score
Do not purchase! They do not exist

Attention: I bought one of these and never received it and did not get a refund. There is no contact phone number or address for this company.

Airedrifter

Reaction score
I received this yesterday, 5/9/2012:

"Dear Customer,It seems that the product you purchased “MY TABLET 7” has been backlogged by the manufacturer and will
Ship on Monday May 14[SUP]th[/SUP] 2012 to you the customer. I do understand if you decide to cancel your order which
will be refunded promptly, but hope you do not since this is an exceptional unit at this price point and
know you will be very pleased when you finally receive it.

Thanks,
XTEX Sales"

astokes

Reaction score
Its a scam, I ordered one a month ago and still received nothing, I contacted the BBB and also put in a claim with Paypal, I got that same email that you did and requested a refund but they are yet to reply and i'm guessing they never will. Do yourself a favor if you payed via paypal put in a claim ASAP!

yvetter

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with this company. This is what I just sent them today.

I ordered one tablet on 4/17/2012 and another on 4/24/2012. I was sent an email two weeks ago that my tablet would ship within 48 hours.

"Hello,

Due to our overwhelming repsonse we got a bit backlogged in our shipping process. We wanted to let you know that your tablet is going to be shipped within 48 hours from now and you should be receiving it within a few days. We do greatly apologize for the long delay, however we got an exciting amount of orders and we have been working around the clock to get them shipped out, as well manufacture. Once your tablet has shipped you will recieve a tracking number to track your shipment. Thank you for your patience.

-XTEX Sales Team

This was a lie and it never shipped and I never received a tracking number. Instead I received this...

Dear Customer,

It seems that the product you purchased “MY TABLET 7” has been backlogged by the manufacturer and will

Ship on Monday May 14th 2012 to you the customer. I do understand if you decide to cancel your order which

will be refunded promptly, but hope you do not since this is an exceptional unit at this price point and

know you will be very pleased when you finally receive it.

Thanks,

XTEX Sales

Today is 5/14/2012. If I do not receive my tracking number within 48 hours, I will file a complaint with paypal to get my money back on both orders and also report you to the BBB. I have already left negative reviews on all sites that are promoting your product to let other people know that know one has yet to receive the tablet and I have already been lied to once by the company. From what I saw of other sites, there are other consumers with the same complaint about your company. And they said that nobody was answering your phone.

This is poor customer service and shady practice.

This is an address they left in one email when I inquired about cases for the tablet.

XTEX Sales
XTEX
1318-40th Street
Brooklyn, New York 11218

I googled the address and it said: This is a 2472 square foot, multiple occupancy home. I'm thinking someones apartment. And not a business location at all.

Last edited:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
What a shame. I was genuinely interested.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Airedrifter

Reaction score
Received today...

Order ID: xxxx
Date Ordered: 18/04/2012

Your order has been updated to the following status:
Complete

To view your order click on the link below:
http://xtex.co/index.php?route=account/order/info&order_id=xxxxx

The comments for your order are:

Dear MY TABLET Customer,

This email is to inform you that the MY TABLET has been delay and will ship to our customers on Thursday 24th of May, 2012.

I felt it necessary to write to you personally and explain the reason for these past delays.

THE PROBLEM:

When we designed the MY TABLET, the specs were 512MB RAM and 4GB HD with a retail price of $149.00. As we got close to production, we decided to give the customer a better value at the same price point by bumping up the specs to 1GB RAM and 16GB HD. Unfortunately all modifications come with some minor glitches and this was no different. It seems that the units were overheating. At first thought, our engineers believed it to be the RAM chips, but later testing found it to be the “inductance”.

SOLUTION:

The PC boards have been replaced and tested vigorously and work well. The factory is now in the process of assembling units and products will ship to the Customer on Thursday May 24th, 2012.
We are glad that the problem was caught by our Quality Control team and not the customer.

COMPENSATION:

Our manufacturing factory would like to compensate all MY TABLET customers who have purchased a tablet and do not cancel their order with a free 16GB TF card which is a $17.99 price value.

REFUND:

As always, at XTEX, the customer does have the choice of canceling their order for an immediate refund. All refunds are processed in 1-2 business days. If you would like to cancel your order, please email [email protected] and write refund in the subject line, this will help speed up the process.

YOUR MONEY IS SAFE:

I know that some of you are concerned that this product may be a scam and they my get robbed out of there payment, please let me assure you that all payments are safe since they are all processed through PayPal.

Company:

We are a small company and would appreciate if the emails and calls can be kept to a minimum, only respond if your problem has not been addressed.

Thank you for your understanding and patience in this matter.

Ray Pelosi
Director of Sales
XTEX LLC.