Warning about 0 batt

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by rolandct, Jul 15, 2010.

1. rolandct

rolandct Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I let my phone bat die. Then I connected to my computer to let it charge, problem was it wouldn't turn back on. When I used an outlet to charge it came on right away. Just a little warning so no one panics for a couple min like I did. :D

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I hope you didn't let it die on purpose because you think it will extend battery life. Todays Lithium batteries don't require that.

It's OK once in a while but as a rule, not a good idea.

3. rolandct

rolandct Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, I let it run out because I spent too much time playing with it during lunch. dancedroid Then got worried when it wouldn't turn back on when connected to my computer.

4. EgooEspada

EgooEspada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The original Droid does that as well. If its completely dead, it wont charge to the computer, only via outlet. :)

5. Mark_Venture

Mark_Venture Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I twice I got down to 5% battery warning... then within 3 to 5 minutes, it shut down on its own.

When I plugged into AC.. any attempts to power on resulted in a picture of a battery with 0% on the screen...

It wont turn on until battery charge is above 0%.

6. Seven71ne

Seven71ne New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i did the same thing, i was like.. uhhh, its plugged into the laptop, what else do you want!! But then... i looked over and saw the outlet charger, so i plugged it up to that, and it turned on instantly... Im suprised it doesnt work that well with the computer... oh well.

7. phatkat66

phatkat66 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Charging through a usb on comp or laptop results in lower voltage, thats why it takes twice as long to fully charge and doesnt turn on. If its anything like the droid, if you even pull and leave out the battery completely you can still use your droid without the battery in if its plugged directly into the wall.

Im actually surprised more people didn't know that your phone wont turn on at 0% via usb port. But I did make the same mistake last year when I first got the droid and I panicked LMAO We all gotta start somewhere lol