Warm Phone

Reaction score
Using the phone, inside a body glove case, in my pants pocket is noticeably warm. I have never had a smart phone before so maybe this is normal ? It's not hot or anything but the difference in temp is clear.

With this and vibrate it gets all warm and fuzzy down there :)

Anyone else notice this ?

f00f

Reaction score
Using the phone, inside a body glove case, in my pants pocket is noticeably warm. I have never had a smart phone before so maybe this is normal ? It's not hot or anything but the difference in temp is clear.

With this and vibrate it gets all warm and fuzzy down there :)

Anyone else notice this ?

Yes it will get warm, but it should never get hot. All those radios in the phone (cell, wifi, gps, bluetooth) and CPU usage (if you have apps running in the background) will lead to a warm phone. This is like doing lots of stuff at once on your desktop computer which will make it run warm & make the fans kick in.

Again I stress that it should never be hot. There's an article on the net somewhere about some white iphones getting so hot the phone's housing started to turn a brownish color. Here's one such link to that story.

Smart phones, while doing all their smart stuff, will get warm. If they get hot you have a hazard in your hands. :)

HTH

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
Bump, Just for those still wondering and not sure how to search for this. since I had the same concern.