Warm backplate?

debracey

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just picked up a Droid Pro today (upgraded from a regular droid), everything is OK so far except I'm noticing that the back plate is kind of warm where the SD card and SIM card slide into the phone.

Is anyone else noticing this? The only "upgrade" I did on the phone was to swap the 2GB stock SD card with the 16GB card from my old droid.

Dan

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the D/P -

This is probably where the processor is located - a little warmth is normal and the SD Card is in no way going to have an affect on operating temperatures

BubbaRob

Reaction score
Mine also gets warm when I am doing various tasks. My original Droid also got pretty warm. There is a lot of processing going on in a very tight space inside smartphones these days. I wouldn't worry unless its getting abnormally hot and well above "warm."

eus107709

Reaction score
Mine had the same "issue" the first day I received it. You said, "upgraded from a regular droid" and I think that's key. I believe that it gets very VERY hot due to the constant 3G usage by the phone when it tries to restore all your former apps and settings. After a couple of hours, everything should be synced and the problem will go away.

I've used the Droid Pro to watch streaming video for an hour and it never got as hot as it did the first day. If you find it to be extremely hot after the second day, I would consider bringing it into a VW store.

Maybe others will chime in to confirm my observations or provide a better explanation.

OP
D

debracey

Reaction score
Yeah it does seem better now --- I guess that initial push of data used a lot of processing power...