1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

War Stories & D2 ROMS, what Works?

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Roms' started by micp1480, Dec 18, 2010.

1. micp1480

micp1480 New Member

I have not heard of one ROM for the DROID 2, that someone hasn't had a problem with. I want to know a very simple question, is there a ROM for the DROID 2 that works flawlessly? On my original DROID I ran the Ultimate Droid Rom with a P3 kernel, and it ran flawless.

MICP1480
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

There isn't a rom where no one will run into problems. Each rom has its own little bugs here and there.
  3. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

Fission is almost flawless. I haven't had any problems with it, but other minor problems were reported.
  4. micp1480

micp1480 New Member

With Fission, what Kernel works best with it, and are you able to over clock it?
  5. trook

trook New Member

I agree with urban. Fission is my favorite because I have no trouble with it, its very fast, great battery life, and it plays nicely with all apps....some apps don't like certain roms.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  6. trook

trook New Member

You can't change the kernel on a droid 2. You can overclock with fission, fission comes with preset overclock values and it works with the d2/dx oc apps

7. swagmonster

swagmonster New Member

There's a new rom called gummyjar damn near flawless one of the major bugs is locks(pattern,password,pin) don't work YET

8. mewshi

mewshi New Member

+1 to Fission

9. breeett

breeett New Member

Throwing my vote in for gummyjar. I ran fission for a month or so, and wouldn't switch back after running gummyjar for a few days.
  10. leakim13

leakim13 New Member

Gummy is fantastic although I miss a few of the blur things... Was running squid for over a month previously but gummy is super snappy and haven't had a force close in 2 days.

From the Great North Woods
  11. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

Been using squidly since just after the 2.3.2 release. I've had no problems at all and to date have had only to random reeboots. I may try gummyjar soon but right now i'm very happy with squid.

tappin and a talkin
  12. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I've tried Fission and currently using Squidly and I give the nod to Squidly for the D2, although I've only run each ROM for a few days since I just got the D2 a week ago.
  13. breeett

breeett New Member

Definitely give GummyJAR a whirl then.

Sent from my Droid 2 running GummyJAR 1.9.1
  14. captainoftheworld

captainoftheworld New Member

I haven't had a force close on squidly ever, been running the last two builds since they were released. I only had one bug and that was I was missing gscripts lite but that was because I hadn't checked to allow 3rd party apps to install, so my fault and a reboot fixed it. Great battery life and best looking notification bar imo. All around my fav of all the working D2 roms

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."
  15. elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo New Member

Same here, the only issue I encountered is the video glitch and that was only recently. Dug a little bit and found the fix so now I am back to being 100% satisfied with squidly ROM. dancedroid
  16. Herndon

Herndon New Member

I've been running squids rom for a while now. It's the only one I have run and I love it. I have been wanting to try another just to do it. May try tummy next
    Sent from a new fangled phone using something called an app
  17. captainoftheworld

Seems squid has a rather loyal fan base. This is the only phone (I own these: droid 1, droid incredible, droid x, and now droid 2(x2)) I've rooted and/or rommed and the only rom I've ever used or will ever need to use is squids. His participation with the community is unbelievable, I hardly ever see a dev post or reply in other threads. As long as he keeps squiddin ill keep donating happily.

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."
  18. Kack

Kack New Member

i just recently got the d2. i was a d1 user for a year. i have ran apex and squidly in the course of 2 days they were nice, but i have been on Gummyjar and it is the best one suited to me.
  19. captainoftheworld

@kack

What makes gummyjar a better rom for you than squidly, just curious

20. leakim13

leakim13 New Member

Captain, it depends on what you specifically enjoy or use most often, if you like/love blur go with Squids FullBlur, if you like more of a clean snappy blurless situation where u can configure more specifically to your needs then Apex, Fission or Gummy are your answer, and presently I'm completely satisfied with Gummy... its just quick and stable as hell, i think i loaded it a week ago and I've only had like 2 force closes and just read that the newer updated Launcher Pro ver .82 is having the issue, which means Gummy hasnt caused anything to run poorly... I LOVED the Blur Gallery and Blur messaging set up, but its basically possible to set up something similar with out having Facebook manhandle ur contacts. In my experience blur tends to slow down my phone (all phones are different) and doesnt run on a rom with as much stability as i would like. But that being said Captain, just back things up, give each Rom a shot for a few days of normal use and find the one that works for you, im no expert but i started with a D1, moved to a D2, i've rooted 3-4 Xs and a few Incredibles for my friends and family and thats always the best answer. No phone runs or likes a rom exactly the same way, nor does every user. Just like the settings (overclocking, voltage changes, etc.) are dependent on each phone. Do a lot of reading in the comments section, find something that sounds like its stable and that it has the look and features that you think u will need, and then back up what u have and flash it. take your time to configure and test and basically if you are a huuuuuge dork like i am, enjoy the screwing around and the manipulations... use for a a bit and see what settings work best and how stable it is, sometimes it takes 3-4-5 different shots to land on one that is exactly the way you like it, but kind of like women, the chase is just as fun as the catch :)

Happy Hunting and Holidays!
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010