War Stories & D2 ROMS, what Works?

micp1480

Reaction score
I have not heard of one ROM for the DROID 2, that someone hasn't had a problem with. I want to know a very simple question, is there a ROM for the DROID 2 that works flawlessly? On my original DROID I ran the Ultimate Droid Rom with a P3 kernel, and it ran flawless.

MICP1480

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There isn't a rom where no one will run into problems. Each rom has its own little bugs here and there.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Fission is almost flawless. I haven't had any problems with it, but other minor problems were reported.

OP
M

micp1480

Reaction score
With Fission, what Kernel works best with it, and are you able to over clock it?

trook

Reaction score
I agree with urban. Fission is my favorite because I have no trouble with it, its very fast, great battery life, and it plays nicely with all apps....some apps don't like certain roms.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

trook

Reaction score
You can't change the kernel on a droid 2. You can overclock with fission, fission comes with preset overclock values and it works with the d2/dx oc apps

swagmonster

Reaction score
There's a new rom called gummyjar damn near flawless one of the major bugs is locks(pattern,password,pin) don't work YET

mewshi

Reaction score
+1 to Fission

breeett

Reaction score
Throwing my vote in for gummyjar. I ran fission for a month or so, and wouldn't switch back after running gummyjar for a few days.

leakim13

Reaction score
Gummy is fantastic although I miss a few of the blur things... Was running squid for over a month previously but gummy is super snappy and haven't had a force close in 2 days.

From the Great North Woods

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Been using squidly since just after the 2.3.2 release. I've had no problems at all and to date have had only to random reeboots. I may try gummyjar soon but right now i'm very happy with squid.

tappin and a talkin

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've tried Fission and currently using Squidly and I give the nod to Squidly for the D2, although I've only run each ROM for a few days since I just got the D2 a week ago.

breeett

Reaction score
I've tried Fission and currently using Squidly and I give the nod to Squidly for the D2, although I've only run each ROM for a few days since I just got the D2 a week ago.

Definitely give GummyJAR a whirl then.

Sent from my Droid 2 running GummyJAR 1.9.1

Reaction score
I haven't had a force close on squidly ever, been running the last two builds since they were released. I only had one bug and that was I was missing gscripts lite but that was because I hadn't checked to allow 3rd party apps to install, so my fault and a reboot fixed it. Great battery life and best looking notification bar imo. All around my fav of all the working D2 roms

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Been using squidly since just after the 2.3.2 release. I've had no problems at all and to date have had only to random reeboots. I may try gummyjar soon but right now i'm very happy with squid.

tappin and a talkin

Same here, the only issue I encountered is the video glitch and that was only recently. Dug a little bit and found the fix so now I am back to being 100% satisfied with squidly ROM. dancedroid