Wanted: Vehicle Dock for Droid 4

OP
Websquad

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
We've always heard that there is no dumb question. Well, I'm a recent refugee from RIM's Blackberry World and new to 'Droid, so here is one: the only way I've loaded new apps is from the app store. If I download a 'Droid app to my desktop, how do I install it on my Droid 4?

schatzy62

Reaction score
We've always heard that there is no dumb question. Well, I'm a recent refugee from RIM's Blackberry World and new to 'Droid, so here is one: the only way I've loaded new apps is from the app store. If I download a 'Droid app to my desktop, how do I install it on my Droid 4?

Never a dumb question just one you dont know the answer to until you ask.

Here is a tutorial page on ways to install apps.

3 Ways to Install Applications On Android Without The Market

OP
Websquad

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
Outstanding. Thanks, Shatzy62. Perhaps I became spoiled with all the on-line documentation and books and such during my 4 1/2 years in the Blackberry world, which, alas, is in sad decline. FWISW, I'm most pleased with my Droid 4, and would not go back.

OP
Websquad

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
I have one, except I paid $20 more than you did (you lucky duck!) .... have only had it mounted for about an hour at a time, but tomorrow night I'll have it up for 3-4 hours. FWIIW, mine is for a Droid 4, but I suspect the mounting hardware is the same; the cell phone, however, is heaver with the D4 (I think). I dampen my finger and run it around the section pad -- then flip the lever. That sucker os ON the windshield. Caution: it may leave a little faint ring on the windshield if there is any dust on the windshield (yikes, I need a car wash!); once you dismount you'll want to wipe that clean, because it says to some dope-head "break in this care: there is a GPS unit therein and with it you can score a hit."

4low4fun

Reaction score
orange93 said:
I just ordered the Motorola Vehicle dock/ car kit, it was $35.70, if anyone has this dock please let me know. I'm curious if the suction piece will stay put in my car and actually hold up the phone? thanks!
Amazon.com: Motorola DROID RAZR Vehicle Navigation Dock with Rapid Vehicle Charger - Car Kit - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Hopefully you have a RAZR.. but yes I have the same dock only the D4 version and it works great. No matter how hot it gets inside my car its never fallen off. And I frequently get in my jeep with my radar detector just hanging by the cord haha

schatzy62

Reaction score
I just ordered the Motorola Vehicle dock/ car kit, it was $35.70, if anyone has this dock please let me know. I'm curious if the suction piece will stay put in my car and actually hold up the phone? thanks!
Amazon.com: Motorola DROID RAZR Vehicle Navigation Dock with Rapid Vehicle Charger - Car Kit - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

As another person has said Hope you have a Razr as the dock for the Razr and the D4 are very different. The D4 will NOT work with a Razr dock.

Nasa

Reaction score
I'm switching to a universal cradle from Wilson with a cell phone repeater and and Wilson Trucker antenna. Good suction cup and an assortment of stick on and clips for most any installation.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2