Wanted: Gaming pad for Droid

ThisIsMyName

Reaction score
+1 I want! I know there's a site / company which makes USB adapters to plug in full-sized Nintendo controllers--I wonder if there's a Micro USB one... Have to go hunting for the company later.

- Mega

Can you please post a link?

I've seen these before too. Also, you can modify the old Xbox controllers by splicing them into a USB connector and use them on your PC (works great after you install the XBCD drivers). You may be able to splice them into a micro USB connector as well. The drivers probably don't exist, but it's Android so you can make it work if you're savvy enough and then you can share the drivers with everyone else. :icon_ banana:

USB controllers: RetroZone
Instructions on making your own: [video=youtube;uqQxRN4z1zQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqQxRN4z1zQ[/video]

will.anaya

Reaction score
Honestly, Id like a game pad as well but thats looking awkward too. Buttons on either side of the D pad? How in the World would that work?

the psp came out with a ps2/ps3 style holder for the psp so you could play games on the psp better. it wrapped around the psp, made it feel like you were holding a ps2/ps3 gamepad.

i could see a folding contraption that you could insert the droid in between the game pad with analog sticks on either side and adequate buttons like a, b, triggers, and what not.

i would rather not press my keypad buttons too much. i remember playing my playstation and the wear and tear the gamepads went through when i got into the game too much.

Amazon.com: PSP GRIP With Built-in 6 Hour Rechargeable Battery: Sony PSP: Video Games

olletsocmit

Reaction score
Can someone please!! make something that looks exactly like this. this is perfect!!

091119-mirasol-02.jpg

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I used to have a thing for my original NES controller. It was a hard case that wrapped around the controller. It had a mini-joystick over the d-pad and I think it had fatter buttons on the A and B buttons. Something like that would work if you had the mini-joystick push the Q,2,E,S buttons (thats the "other" d-pad on my Voyager). And the A B could push the D-pad buttons. You would just need the ability to configure the buttons to do what you wanted.

Silverwing

Reaction score
Has anybody gotten any type of controller to work, yet? It would be really nice, its way too hard to play games with the Droid's keyboard.

will.anaya

Reaction score
the only way i see someone developing a gaming pad for the droid is if and only if the gaming apps for the droid increase. and i am not saying the small games like shot, snake, robo defense, or gang wars. i mean like call of duty, need for speed, splinter cell, etc.

we need hardcore games that require hardcore hardware.

Silverwing

Reaction score
Hardcore games on a cell phone sounds kind of like a paradox. It would be nice, since you can virtually play any of the NES, SNES, SEGA and Gameboy games on your Droid that you own. Does the droid recognize the input from these devices?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OP
Danthok

Danthok

Reaction score

This looks really good, however it looks like it will not fit the droid. It is a good start though.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Way back in december I ordered that thing 3 posts above..didn't work:( I ordered the game gripper but i haven't received it yet. Can't wait!