1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

want to try Simply Stunning 2.2 need advice

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mikeosoft, Mar 28, 2010.

1. mikeosoft

mikeosoft New Member

Hi I just rooted my droid using this guide,

I managed to use nandroid to create a backup image, and right now im ready to start usinga custom rom. I'm interested in trying Simply Stunning 2.2 ESE53 2.1 release but the problem is:

1. In the instructions, the "please wipe data" i dunno what that means, is that just literally going to preferences and clicking to wipe data, or something more involved?

2. Im unsure what the stock theme patcher does, is it a stand alone app that you can edit the update.zip with a theme before following installation instructions?

If someone can walk me through the process I'd be much appreciated through AIM or gmail chat or something.

Awesome community all you droid users rock.
  2. beneharris

beneharris New Member

when its talking about wipe data, that means in your recovery console. all you need to do is wipe your cache data, and your system data. in sprecovery it should say format data/factory wipe.
  3. mikeosoft

mikeosoft New Member

ok thanks beneharris.
    do you have any recommendations on if and what overclock to go with?
  4. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Different phones react differently to different kernels. Personally with the ESE53 based builds I haven't found the need to overclock really high. My max OC anymore is 800mhz, as I don't see any performance gain above it. But that isn't to say someone else, or you, won't.

My advice is to start off slow, and work your way up. If the phone stutters, or lags, push her up another notch.

*Edit* You can always try different kernels if you think one is running too hot, or something along those lines as well.
  5. mikeosoft

mikeosoft New Member

k i dl'd and unrar'd made a folder in my nandroid folder under root directory called "simply stunning" placed the 5 files in there. Rebooted and held down the power button and X key til the recovery mode began where i scrolled through the options to restore with the backup i choose from the folder, and i forgot to check the data folder, so all my apps are gone. But im not too upset. I payed 99cents for setcpu (great app and a great developer), and man this application is sick. Thanks for the help i have it set to 550MHZ right now, man this is so cool
  6. mikeosoft

mikeosoft New Member

simply stunning is sick, the only thing i dont understand is the difference between helixlauncher 1 and 2, and more so what they do... I tried searching but no one talks about what the purpose is, i did a google search but came to the xda developer site, where I have no business being there snooping around.
  7. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Go back to the Market it will recognize that you already paid for setCPU.

I've never used the Helix launcher but my sense is that the second version may offer more screens and options.

Mike
  8. alienware777

alienware777 New Member

1 is just a modified version of the stock. 2 is the 3d launcher that comes with the nexus one.

...wtf...? What do you mean snooping around there? Its a site where peeps go to talk about things. You're allowed to go there. Why wouldn't you be?
  9. mikeosoft

mikeosoft New Member

Just saw some posts about dev libraries and raw commands/beta builds, no place for an asshole newbie like myself. I can get my kicks annoying u guys. Thanks for clearing it up.