Want to take better pictures? Download FxCamera

shugknight

Reaction score
Not sure what it is with the stock Camera app that came with the Droid, but I think the camera takes really good pictures.. IF you use the app FXCamera.

Download it, try it out, its free!

I've been testing pictures with it and the stock camera app, and I can easily say that this app is 100x better than the "camera" app. The only thing that sucks is that it doesn't use the flash, so some pictures, unless it's in natural light, comes out pretty dark.

I'm hoping that the actual camera will get fixed with the new software update, but if it doesn't, I know that I'll be using this to take pictures from now on.

They're releasing a DROID version out soon, but in the meantime, this version works fine with the Droid.

try it out and let me know what you think.

Also, I thought this should go in the Applications thread, but I think more people (especially those that are mad about their picture quality) will find it useful in here.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also, I thought this should go in the Applications thread, but I think more people (especially those that are mad about their picture quality) will find it useful in here.
You know, there's a reason for the different forums. General gets a lot of traffic and this thread will get buried.

OP
S

shugknight

Reaction score
You know, there's a reason for the different forums. General gets a lot of traffic and this thread will get buried.

Yeah you're right. Mods can you move to the Apps section?

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
I originally downloaded the app because the fisheye shot interested me, but I do agree that it seems to take better quality pictures.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thread moved.

But is it just me, or does the Fxcamera, not really do flash? I have used the normal shot alot, and it can be almost completely dark and it still won't use flash, is there something i'm missing (most likely is)

EDITED: Just took a picture in near darkness, and it still didn't use the flash. So either i'm crazy or the fxcamera doesn't support flash?

Last edited:
OP
S

shugknight

Reaction score
Don't think it has the capability of using the flash yet on the Droid New2u. I have heard they are in the process of releasing a FXCamera for the droid, which I'm hoping will use the flash.

I've tried using an LED flashlight to light up some pictures, but that doesn't work very well either.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Thread moved.

But is it just me, or does the Fxcamera, not really do flash? I have used the normal shot alot, and it can be almost completely dark and it still won't use flash, is there something i'm missing (most likely is)

EDITED: Just took a picture in near darkness, and it still didn't use the flash. So either i'm crazy or the fxcamera doesn't support flash?

Google's camera api doesn't allow flash. Hopefully they fix this. None of the camera apps do.

cybrwulf

Reaction score
Thread moved.

Google's camera api doesn't allow flash. Hopefully they fix this. None of the camera apps do.

You would think if someone can access the flash in apps such as MotoTorch, you could do the same for one of these camera apps.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well either way, until this gets fixed, for me using the app is only able to be done in high lighted areas, which is annoying to say the least. So until it gets fixed i'm sticking with the stock camera app.

mad3963

Reaction score
PRO Zoom Camera 5X works very well for me...and it uses the flash.

SarahP

Reaction score
I find FXCamera very limited with bad quality pics. Apps like Camera ZOOM FX and Pro Zoom are much better. Bottom line ... you get what you pay for.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
+1 for Pro Zoom....worth every penny

imiller913

Reaction score
Did you try to change the focus setting on camera to infinity. That helped me no apparently needed, its worth a shot.

SarahP

Reaction score
Best pic quality, best features and fastest to shoot would be Camera ZOOM FX.

Best for photo editing = Pro zoom.

Free with a couple of nice effects = FXCamera