Want to Root and install BD

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by BobC43, Apr 3, 2010.

1. BobC43

BobC43 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to root and then install Ultimate 9. I am new with the phone and after trying to read through many many posts about rooting thought I would ask.

I am running 2.1, not rooted, that I installed manually as per this forum. All is working well. I show 2.1 update 1

My question is:

Can I now root per the sticky shown and then install Ultimate 9 as described or is there a problem rooting version 2.1 that I have.

Thank you all in advance.

2. droid_tlc

droid_tlc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2.1 has not yet been rooted .

#2 droid_tlc, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  3. JT3

JT3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Some of the 2.1 updates available are already rooted. Since you updated manually, it depends on which update you used. Look for the Ninja in your launcher, labeled "Superuser Permission." If it's there, you're already rooted.

If not, there is still a way, but it's more tricky, since the official 2.1 update has things in it to specifically block rooting. There's a method floating around the forums though... just search around a bit.

4. bodean

bodean Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You're SOL. Should not have put 2.1 STock on.

5. stedrocklp

stedrocklp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The "official" 2.1 (ESE81) is not yet available from BlackDroid but it is being worked on. But we do have the ESE53 2.1 update which has proven to be very smooth and efficient. I am not sure if DMupdater will work for you since you have the new update but you could do some research and see. If it does then I would recommend using DMupdater to root, making very sure you know what is happening and what the implications are to rooting. I am sure some will disagree and say to do it the manual way but if you understand whats happening than DMupdater is the easiest and safest way. Once you have root via DM go and get the paid app RomManager (definitely get the paid version!) and flash the clockworkmod recovery, then you will be able to download and enjoy ultimate droid. Also so you know, to overclock you need setcpu (also paid) but well worth the money to adjust your processor. Good Luck! and enjoy

6. Banyon

Banyon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IMHO. In your case, I would just flash my phone back to 2.0.1 with the sbf, then root from there... probably most painless (although the flashing could be a pain).

7. Smackbox.org

Smackbox.org New Member

Ratings:
    +0
Search tags for this page

android phone root rule bd