Want to play droid in car need opinion

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Ok i can not connect to in car radio so hands down what is the best solution out there? Dont care about price.
Please help thanks

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No Cassette? No headphone jack? no bluetooth? What did you try that did not work?

gentlefury

Reaction score

BigE"s DROID

Reaction score
I bought an fm modulator.... 1 power wire 1 ground wire and plug into your antena and your ready to go.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

That's gotta sound way better than my cassette adapter through the stock radio!

gentlefury

Reaction score

That's gotta sound way better than my cassette adapter through the stock radio!

it sounds freakin great! And it auto pairs, so I just drop it in the cradle and hit play on the headunit screen....couldn't be easier.

I'll make a video and post it if anyone is interested.

FireDroid

Reaction score
Buy a Ford with SYNC, it sounds great and you can control the droid with the steering wheel mounted controls or your voice!

gentlefury

Reaction score
Buy a Ford with SYNC, it sounds great and you can control the droid with the steering wheel mounted controls or your voice!

He said price doesn't matter, but I'm guessing a new car to accomadate his phone is a bit overkill.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

gentlefury

Reaction score

I like it, I would have gotten a double sub box, but I have a small car (Scion xA) and my GF would have killed me if I took up the hatchback with a couple subs. Maybe someday!

snowman

Reaction score

delaen

Reaction score
I got one of these:

MEX-BT3700U | Xplōd® Bluetooth® CD Receiver | Sony | Sony Style USA

It was $180 at Walmart and has Bluetooth audio streaming and voice built in; no external box. It has a mic built right into the head unit which works well enough for family and gives you the option of connecting a second mic.

It works flawlessly with the droid. It auto connects any time I get in the car and haven't had an issue streaming with any application. The controls on the head unit will control the default music player as well as most of the third party ones I've tried (but not Pandora).

I highly recommend it.

UggTheThug

Reaction score

only a 6 inch bazooka?!? s*** man if price dont matter i would throw in a 1000 watt amp hooked up to dual 14 inch sub, and thats only for the bass!

but yea bluetooth does sound awesome

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I have a cheap sony HU with BT in my Bonneville and it works OK. I have some frustrating pairing issues occasionally though (often enough that I prefer the wired auxiliary input method in my Volvo).

I just bought and installed the Kensington LiquidAux device in my Volvo hoping that the pairing issues wouldn't happen, but they do, so I still use the wired connection

So, all future recommendations of this nature from me will be to use a wired auxiliary connection. USASpec makes aux inputs for lots of cars (that's what I use in the Volvo), and they work great! Just plug in and go, no fumbling with menus trying to get BT to connect.

cisco0910

Reaction score
I have one like this that you can set any FM frequency works the best of any FM modulator I have tried and I tried a lot
MONSTER CABLE MBL-FM STEREO TRANSMITTER/MODULATOR - eBay (item 350319310024 end time Feb-26-10 12:21:52 PST)

here I looked a bit more and found the actual one I use in all my cars and bike, also use it for Zune
Amazon.com: Monster RadioPlay 300 Universal Full Spectrum FM Transmitter (MBL-FM XMTR300): Electronics
hows the static with this? I'm using a cassette adapter now, but may try this for $20 if the sound quality is good. I've tried some too in the past and they sound like doo doo. Sound quality, hard finding an open station, etc. etc..? thanks