Want to make phone better

ghettolightshow

Reaction score
So I want to make my phone u know good...like make it different from anyone else's...what can I do to make it better...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

shmoo

Reaction score
Do a search on rooting the fascinate. Then start reading reading and reading some more. Afte that you should have some ideas as to what you can do. If you don't want to hack your phone then do a search for launcher pro or adw. Either of these 2 launchers will let you customize how your phone looks and acts. You can also find icon packs to download that will change how your phone looks

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
G

ghettolightshow

Reaction score
What does rooting mean...I hear alot of people say that on here but I have no clue what any of this stuff. Means...I'm hella noobish at this

shmoo

Reaction score
Rooting essentially gives you complete control over your phone. Kind of like admin rights on your pc. Like a said before do a search on rooting and you will be able to find the answer to any questions you may have.

techarlj

Reaction score
the easiest way to describe it for me is like being an admin on a windows computer. You can do wherever you want. Rooting allows you to install themes, overclock, change the"resolution" (density) of your screen, and so much more some of which I can't name here. You certainly lose nothing when rooting, but so many doors are opened.

It's certainly not for everyone, but the brave are rewarded with several new abilities.

OP
G

ghettolightshow

Reaction score
Tecarlj sorry of I spelt that wrong...but if I get into all of this rooting and doing stuff to it...what's the percentage of f ing up my phone.
Thank u schmoo....ill do that right now

shmoo

Reaction score
Im not sure with the Fascinate how easy it is to mess up. I know that the D1's are almost impossible to brick. One thing that you do need to know before rooting is that you will void your warranty. If youre rooted and something goes wrong come here with your problems do NOT take it in to VZW. The good thing is tho that if you root and dont like it you can always return back to the stock form of your phone

OP
G

ghettolightshow

Reaction score
OK coolio... but what about the stuff I download to my computer...does any of that stuff hold viruses?

shmoo

Reaction score
As far as I know no it doesn't. Ive been rooted since December of last year and have had no problems. The hacking community is really a pretty good community. And a lot of the things that you can do to your phone can be done from your phone

OP
G

ghettolightshow

Reaction score
But u can't root ur phone from ur phone?

shmoo

Reaction score
Yeah you should be able to. Theres an app floating around called Z4root that will let you root your phone from your phone. It can be found over at xda developers.