Want to leave verizon to another carrier

erlewisphd

Reaction score
I am new to this site and am unschooled in matters Verizon Galaxy Nexus. I can't really figure out why, since I own this phone can't I take it to another carrier or place like Straight Talk so I can get the prepay plan I want? I have read alot of stuff but dont get what the bottom line issue is? Can't I just take out the Sim card and swap another one from another carrier? Do I get it unlocked thru the IME # and that's all? I am perfectly happy to pay the termination fee. What are the barriers to doing this and how can I overcome them? It pisses me off if I can't do anything about this!!

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I think the 3g radio is cdma so you have to use a verizon prepaid like metro pcs

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
What drew said. Your version of the SGN is the CDMA version so it's not compatible with any other carrier that's on a GSM network (AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.) You can certainly get out of Verizon and switch carriers, but your phone will be useless on your new choice of carrier

drew96dawg

Reaction score
You may be able to find someone on craigslist or somewhere who would be willing to trade you for a gsm nexus

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You should be able to sell your cdma Nexus quite easily. Try Craigslist or Swappa.