1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Want to install Kangerade please help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by cnmsales, Jun 23, 2010.

1. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

Hi all. Let me first say I appreciate everyone's help on this forum. This forum is above and beyond the others. Everyone here is really patient.

So i am wanting to install kangerade. Last night I rooted my phone and installed the plain froyo that is available. Now i am wanting to go with kangerade.

I am using the instructions listed here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...royo-step-step-installation-2.html#post528613

My question is. Do i follow the same instructions to do this and just replace "Mount your Droid and copy the folder named froyo-BS-20100608-0313 into the nandroid folder.(Example: H:\nandroid\froyo-BS-20100608-0313 )" with the kangerade file? AND can i skip Install SPRecovery, and Create Backup?
  2. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

I also need to know. Will i need to install a kernal after putting this on. Such as one of the PS3's?
  3. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

No, you would install this with the update.zip method, and then following that, the same with the kernel
  4. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

So i just download the file. Rename it to update.zip and move the file to the main folder on the SD card. IE: L:\update.zip then boot into preboot and do the install update.zip option?
  5. zerosouls

Correct.

Ultimately, i would suggest doing nandroid backups of your current ROM and then wipe before installing.

But you can do it without wiping if your coming from a stock froyo ROM.
  6. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

Ok i did it, thanks man running kangerade now. Second question for you. If I had a ps3 kernal installed previous to installing this rom do i have to reinstall it? Or is it still installed?
  7. zerosouls

Go into settings>about phone

Look at your kernel version..

It's probably not P3... so you'll need to re-install your custom kernel with the update.zip method, same as before.
  8. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

Yep, had to reinstall kernal. Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it!!!! Rocking kangerade and loving it!!!!
Search tags for this page

how to install kangerade to droid 1