1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Want to flash a custom ROM..have question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by yakitori, Sep 8, 2010.

1. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I have been reading through a crazy amount of information and its getting too confusing.

I want to flash Chevyno1 ss4.7 to my rooted droid. I have rooted using the motocache thread, no probs.

I have SPRecovery and am familiar with that method of sending to SD card and installing the update.zip files through RSD lite.

It seems from reading that this ROM is only available through ROM manager (I have the free one, but not paid)...and I would have to reflash clockworkmod recovery to apply this ROM....but I dont want to. I would rather do it using the above method through RSD lite.

Is that even possible?

I am new to all this, so another question is...I did a nandroid backup of my current settings just FRG22D rooted using the stock kernel and ROM...I did this incase I do something wrong, I should be able to restore to how my phones current status.
  2. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

It's available here too: Index of /froyo/4.7

You can install with SPR
    Your post was a bit confusing. If you have SPR on your phone you don't need to use RSDlite again. Unless you really mess uo your phone.

And yes if you restore the backup you made it will take you to the exact state your phone was in before making it.
  3. Tallica

You might want to flash CW through the free version of Rom Manager if you are going to use SS 4.7. Chevy sends out his own OTA's that will be one click installs, if you have CW.
  4. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I flashed CWM recovery no problem.

Do I need to do another nandroid backup after flashing CWM recovery to save my current settings?
  5. Tallica

Yes, as your SPR backup will not work with CW
Search tags for this page

flash custum rom with rsdlite

nexus 4 custom roms for rsd lite