Want to clean up SDcard. Can anyone tell me what I MUST keep?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Basically... I want to keep my pictures/music and get rid of most everything else. Does anyone have a list of what folders and files were on the SD card when you first got your phone? I want to know what all I can delete w/out messing something up.. I have a lot of extra crap, but I'm not sure what is system critical.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
I don't think that they are important. However when I deleted everything off my phone, it put the Android and Lost.dir(I think I know Lost something was in there) folders back on the card. I honestly don't see what you would have to keep on there, the phone should have everything or put it back on. Not 100% on this though.

blackngray70

Reaction score
What you could do is back up everything you want to keep to your PC then format the card from your phone then any apps you have should restore their folders. Then copy your backed up files back to your card.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys. I guess if I unmount the SD, that will give me a pretty clear idea of what I'll be missing?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok I just found a 2GB card in a drawer. I put it in blank then went to sdcard in settings and formatted it. then i went in astro to see what's on it. Lost.dir and tmp (which has astro in it from opening astro).

It's safe to erase EVERYTHING and like blackngray said....it will just create new folders when you open/use an app.

Thanks for the question. it's been botherin me for months. now we know!!