Want a backup phone to play with

DropC

Reaction score
So, I have my DROID X. I love it. But, I want another Android phone xD Nothing bleeding-edge, just something to play with. I'm thinking the OG Droid, or the Eris. I don't really have much of a reason for this. I just want something cheap that I can play with. What would you guys suggest?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Og droid. Best dev support for an android phone on vzw.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually you now have me thinking about it. Might scrape up some cash and buy me an og droid just for poops and giggles.

OP
DropC

DropC

Reaction score
xD Yeah. I came into the scene kinda late (End of September). I find myself really wanting one of these two phones. I was actually leaning toward the Eris, because it's cute... =( But, I don't know. I would have fun with either one.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To me it comes down to tinkering. I love flashing roms and themes and just generally messing with my phone. There are so many options for the d1 it makes my mouth water. That really influences my decision.

maderschramm

Reaction score
Actually in the same boat as you guys. Currently in a bidding war for an og droid. I'm going to rape the sheep out of it with roms

OP
DropC

DropC

Reaction score
I have to admit. The og droid is very attractive. I just really like the cuteness of the Eris.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

maderschramm

Reaction score
2 questions Drop C. Are you a girl and does your name refer to the guitar tuning?

I personally like the look of the d1. It looks like something that is designed for function over form. I think that's important. It just looks...powerful

sslbaron

Reaction score
When I purchased my first android phone, I went with the Eris. After about 3 weeks I returned it for an original Droid. I personally didn't care for the UI on the Eris. I think the Og droid is miles better! Just my $.02 :biggrin:

OP
DropC

DropC

Reaction score
Girl, no. Tuning, yes xD I know the cuteness statement is out of place. I apologize :) I already have a Droid X, so hardcore functionality doesn't matter to me as much. Like I said, this is just for a backup phone.

maderschramm

Reaction score
Damn. I thought I was in love.

I actually just got a OG Droid on craigslist. Bundled with sdcard charger and car mount for 100$

Zecpull

Reaction score
I still have my Orig Droid..and I won't sell it.. It is still the Best Droid ,made..it is very well made..and I am running Simply Stunning 4.7..It is great to use as a browser too with my wifi