Wannna be sure

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by xrstoy1, May 26, 2010.

1. xrstoy1

xrstoy1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have a couple quick questions,
    1: I'm going to try to go from Bugless Beast 1.0 to the new Cc 5.07
    Do I need to to a full delate cash and data, I'm sure thats probably the best way, so what is the process for getting your phone back up? I understand programs goggle syns I'm worried about the reactivation processs. Do you just log onto goolge and go from there?
    2: If I have a nandroid backup of differant ROMS can you go back and forth between roms by using your Nandroid backup?
    Thanksdancedroid

2. warrior21

warrior21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anytime I switch ROMS I do a full wipe of data/cache just to be sure. Before you do a wipe just make sure you back up the ROM you are using now in case something goes wrong or you don't like it. You should also make sure you back up your apps with titanium backup or even astro.

3. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +33
    When I install a new ROM I always do a complete wipe of everything. That way you are getting a fresh start with the new ROM. As for your apps, be careful about using a backup to restore them on your new ROM. I used to do that (because setting up my email everytime got old) and I started having troubles. Come to find out the backup was pulling bit of data from the ROM I was on and then placing it back on when I restored the apps. I now only backup up 2 apps (email and text) because of the settings. I reinstall all my other apps from the market and restore the 2 apps I backed up. I do not have any troubles anymore. If you are asked to, reactivating is easy just choose option 1. Then yes sign into your google account and you are on your way.

4. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    You don't have to re-activate the phone switching ROMs so don't even worry. You do have to "reconfigure" the phone which would be like it's a new phone (input your gmail account info, your facebook account info, follow the little tutorial on the phone the first time it boots, etc... but no activation. The only time I had to activate my phone was when I first got it and then a smaller simpler "press 1" activation when I did the baseband update.

Easiest way is to just use ROM Manager to download CM 5.0.7.1 (don't forget to check the box for google apps that pops up) and when it downloads it will ask if you want to backup your current ROM and if you want to Wipe DATA/CACHE. Put a check in both...this way you'll have something to recover to easily if you prefer what you had over CM and it'll do the wipe for you before installing.