wanna hear some news about gingerbread update for droid 2?

mgarney26

Reaction score
went out on a limb here guys. i called verizon to find out possibly when this "update to gingerbread" might happen (just for giggles). i was told i needed to contact motorola. contacted motorola and was told that the droid 2 was going to remain on 2.2 software, even though verizon obviously says differently on their website. i asked if she was looking at the global and was told no. is anyone else a little confused by this? is this something that generally happens? i was also asked what state i was in so im wondering if that has anything to do with it? any clues guys? :icon_evil:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wouldn't believe anything VZW or Motorola representatives say about anything. They are clueless.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm curious why you're so intrigued by GB. The majority of your 34 posts have been questioning GB/release/or lack thereof.

Honestly, I think you're going to be upset.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Just use the monster leak or one of the Gingerbread based ROMs. They're all fine.

OP
mgarney26

mgarney26

Reaction score
I'm curious why you're so intrigued by GB. The majority of your 34 posts have been questioning GB/release/or lack thereof.
just get tired of the same software...i know how to root but it scares me trying to learn how to put custom roms on my phone... i have bricked it twice in the past and dont wanna do it anymore...seems like everytime i follow directions on how to do it, something goes wrong

Honestly, I think you're going to be upset.
just get tired of the same software...i know how to root but it scares me trying to learn how to put custom roms on my phone... i have bricked it twice in the past and dont wanna do it anymore...seems like everytime i follow directions on how to do it, something goes wrong

vacfuzzy

Reaction score
Have to agree w/Urbanbounca; phones today seem to have a 2yr lifespan,including software,with a few exceptions. I just recently upgraded to an Evo3D after a good 2yr run w/my OG droid(rooted). Eventually it just became outdated.